TAU Lowy International School
North America Office – New York, NY
Tel Aviv University (TAU), Israel’s largest and most comprehensive university, is currently seeking a full-time Finance Coordinator for the TAU Lowy International School North America Office located in midtown Manhattan. The TAU Lowy International School, a department within the wider campus of Tel Aviv University, hosts over 3,000 international students each year on both full degree and study abroad programming. Our international programs taught in English offer some of the most cutting-edge and exciting academic programming around. Our North America Office oversees student services and relationship management for North American students and partners. The TAU North America Office team is an integrated part of, and employed by, the US-based American Friends of Tel Aviv (AFTAU) organization.
Supervised by the TAU Lowy International School North America Office Associate Director of Finance, this full-time administrative position will provide support with various financial systems and processes for the TAU Lowy International School North America Office. The position will also be responsible for general administrative/office responsibilities as assigned.
This position is part of the TAU Lowy International North America Student Financial Services (SFS) Team. The Student Financial Services (SFS) Team provides students, families, and partner institutions with finance-related services, such as applying for financial aid and paying a tuition bill. The SFS Team educates and advises on student policies and procedures aimed to advance the financial literacy of Tel Aviv University Lowy International School students as well as promote timely degree completions. This team ensures the timely and accurate posting of billing information and the processing of all payments in compliance with Departmental, University, State, and Federal policies and regulations. As part of the team, this position will assist the Director and Associate Director of Finance with their administrative financial responsibilities as well as provide needed support and assistance to the Associate Director of Finance in student/partner accounting services.
- Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) Processing Processing refunds
- Invoicing all Study Abroad Students (US and non-US) Assisting with Student Account inquires via email/phone Working with Collection Agency for all past due account balances Scholarship management
- Check deposits G5 Role 1 Assisting with annual 1098-T process
- Paying office bills/invoices Together with Associate Director of Finance, updates materials for students/partners such as Financial FAQs and scholarship web site for North America MASA approvals Other administrative/general office responsibilities as assigned May be asked to attend in-house or local student or partner recruitment events (Open Houses, etc.)
Please note: due to the dynamic nature of the study abroad field, additional time beyond regular office hours is to be expected from time to time, as is occasionally working evening or early morning hours as necessary to communicate with students, partners or colleagues in different time zones.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred with a major/minor in Business, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field. In lieu of an advanced degree, 2-3 years previous accounting/financial experience working in a university or education setting preferred. This position is based in NYC and offers a hybrid work environment; the employee will be required to work in the North America office located in midtown Manhattan 3 days per week and the remainder WFH.
- Experience studying, living, and/or working internationally Excellent communication skills Outstanding intercultural skills “Outside the box” thinking in order to initiate new systems or processes Responsible, self-disciplined and capable of working independently Excellent organizational and time-management skills Ability to work under pressure
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment. As a condition of employment, candidates are required to provide full proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, prior to their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for medical or religious reasons, you may submit a request for an exemption.
Benefits and Compensation
In addition to a competitive salary (range $58,000-$65,000), we offer a robust benefits package including health, dental, vision, and retirement. Paid sick and generous vacation days are provided. TAU Lowy International North America also offers professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
Ready to join us? All applicants should submit an application including cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com. Please visit https://international.tau.ac.il/ for more information about the TAU Lowy International School. We look forward to reviewing your materials and learning more about you!