Soka University of America is seeking an Admission Operations Credentials Analyst to help support the continued enrollment growth of the university’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Under the Director of Admission Operations, this individual will assist Enrollment Services and the Office of Admission by reviewing both international and domestic academic credentials and standardized tests results to help determine admissibility to both the undergraduate and graduate level programs.
Soka University of America (SUA), a small, selective, accredited private liberal arts university located in Southern California and was founded on the belief that student-centered education is the best way to promote peace and human rights by fostering a global humanistic perspective on the world in which we live. The university prepares students for graduate studies, post-graduate studies and the world of work in an increasingly diverse and global society.
Candidates should demonstrate responsiveness toward and understanding of diverse student backgrounds, especially with regard to socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, culture, ability/disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity and have a willingness to facilitate the university’s mission to develop global citizens.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs assessments, reviews, and summarizations of student academic credentials from educational systems all over the world as well as from the United States for admission eligibility.
- Apply guidelines in review and assessment of applications as appropriate; review, interpret, and evaluate student records, and calculate a qualitative assessment of foreign credentials for undergraduate, graduate, and professional applicants.
- Maintain Enrollment Services and Admission knowledge base and relationships with various educational services and standardized testing agencies to ensure best practices with admission and service providers are performed and can be referenced.
- Assist the Director of Admission Operations with maintaining university policies and assist with research and development of admission policies for countries where policies are outdated including English proficiency standards and maintaining current grading and test score concordances.
- Evaluates and offers solutions to applicant matters, and special admission requests.
- Provides counseling services to prospective undergraduate/graduate/international students regarding university admission policies and procedures.
- Maintain communication with students and troubleshoot matters related with student admissions materials which result in incomplete, inaccurate, or inconsistent information. Correct or research information to provide short and long-term solutions in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate in person, by phone, and in writing with potential oversees schools, examining boards, international students, international sponsoring agencies, professional organizations, and binational centers.
- Assist with the coordination, development, and delivery of all prospective and incoming student information communications including mailings, emails, SMS messaging, editing, and other communication mediums.
- Using available software tools to perform tasks, maintenance, and development in university systems such as Slate CRM, PeopleSoft, and OnBase. Create and maintain documentation of processes and guides as needed.
- Assist the Director of Admission Operations in gathering data and preparing reports.
- Accept other assignments from the Director of Admission Operations related to the responsibilities as they arise and as the University develops.
- Bachelor’s degree and office administrative experience preferred. -OR - Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Participate in seasonal weekend and evening work as deemed appropriate.
- Perform minimal domestic travel.
- High ethical and professional standards.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate understanding and sensitivity regarding cultural traditions, language barriers, and differential experiences in pre-collegiate academic preparation.
- Proficiency in personal computer systems.
- Ability to learn and utilize databases and software: Technolutions Slate CRM, PeopleSoft, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Access, and other applications.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with prospective students, applicants and parents by phone, email and postal mail.
- Ability to receive and carry out direction.
- Ability to work independently and on a team including collaborations with the other members of Enrollment Services and the campus community.
- Capacity for developing and sustaining effective relationships with administrators, faculty, staff, students, as well as a variety of outside organizations.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
Soka University of America offers excellent benefits. Salary range for this position is $50,000.00 to $66,000.00 and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Employment is contingent upon the completion of a successful background check. Soka University requires all employees and students to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If hired, you are required to be fully vaccinated (including booster) for COVID-19 as a condition of your employment at Soka University, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide your vaccination record on your first day of employment.
Application review will begin immediately. The position will remain open, and applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
- Must submit a letter of interest for this position, resume, and three professional references to be considered.
- Please apply on the Interfolio site by clicking on this link: http://apply.interfolio.com/123713
For inquiries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer.