ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT APPLICATION VIA GATEWAY INTERNATIONAL GROUP WEBSITE / JOB PORTAL
Gateway Executive Search is partnering with Purdue University Northwest (PNW) to identify a Director of International Programs and Partnerships who has demonstrated commitment to, and understanding of, best practices in the field of international education as well as a record of increasing access for all students to study abroad. The new Director will re-open the Office of International Programs and Partnerships, temporarily closed due to COVID, and will develop, plan, and oversee faculty-directed, short-term and semester programs and exchanges, as well as programs delivered by third-party providers. The Director will also support international internship and research experiences, and domestically based off-campus educational programs and opportunities.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial professional who has demonstrated an ability to align domestic and international programs with a university's mission and goals. A record of prior success in creating access to opportunities for diverse and first-generation students is desired. The Director will shape a vision and program portfolio aligned with PNW's focus on real world skills, hands-on experience, and preparing students for lives in a globally connected world.
Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, the Director will
Leadership and Management
- Create and develop the Office of International Programs and Partnerships, aligning programming and partnerships with institutional strategic goals
- Lead, supervise, and professionally develop staff and student workers
- Engage internal stakeholders in strategic planning, oversee the budget, data collection, and reporting on student experiences, both domestic and international
- Design and implement an assessment plan for programming and partnerships, according to the standards of best practice
- Design and implement faculty and student orientations with particular focus on duty of care, risk, and crisis management
- Chair the Education Abroad Advisory Council and the International Risk Management sub-committee, and serve as system liaison with Purdue University West Lafayette
- Collaboratively develop and Implement risk and crisis management policies and procedures for travelers and programs minimizing risk and liability of student travel programs
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Collaborate with schools and colleges, and offices of admissions and student affairs, to promote international experience as an institutional priority and an integral part of a student's education
- Cultivate a team environment with office staff and student workers
- Engage faculty and staff in programming and partnerships fostering a campus wide commitment
- Collaboratively work with internal stakeholders to identify and lower financial barriers to student participation in domestic and international programs
- Support students and their families, as appropriate, responding to issues as they arise
- Master's degree
- At least five years of experience in international higher education with increasing responsibilities
- Three or more years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience implementing international programs and partnerships
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel internationally
- Terminal degree appropriate to the leadership of an international education office
- Demonstrated success in working collaboratively with faculty and administrators
- Experience designing or overseeing customized programs
- Demonstrated ability to create program budgets and economically sustainable programs
- Experience living, working and/or studying in diverse cultural settings
- Proficiency in a language other than English
PROCEDURE FOR CANDIDACY
Purdue University Northwest has retained Gateway Executive Search to lead this search. Applications should include a resume and a cover letter of no more than two pages each. The cover letter should address why the applicant is interested in the position, and how their professional experience fits with the needs of PNW.
Purdue University Northwest is an EEO/AA employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
All inquiries, nominations, and expressions of interest will be held in confidence and should be submitted to the search consultants through firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted electronically via this link until May 22. Applications submitted by email will not be accepted.
Professional references will be verified prior to any offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon completion of a successful background check along with a motor vehicle records check if applicable.
Gateway Search Team
Gateway Executive Search provides executive search services to institutions and organizations seeking highly professional and skilled practitioners. Executive search consultants are professional international educators with extensive networks to identify and recruit diverse talent.
Catherine Hutchison Winnie, Ph.D. (she/her)
Senior Search Consultant
Terence W. Miller, J.D. (he/him)
Senior Search Consultant
Kim Rapp, Ph.D. (she/her)
Senior Search Adviser
Angie Johnson (she/her)
Talent Management Coordinator
All questions about how to apply should be directed to: email@example.com