Leads the undergraduate enrollment team (CAS) and manages the daily enrollment functions while supporting key marketing initiatives. Partner with key internal and external partners to effectively recruit students. Leads the CAS Admissions office in achievement of recruitment and net revenue goals.
- Lead, design, implement, monitor, and present the annual enrollment and marketing plan, including developing initiatives, goals, budgets, and pricing strategies to enroll students and maximize net revenue. Prepare and manage the CAS budget.
- Provide leadership in developing and deploying recruiting processes and training for all lead counselors. Hire, train, manage, and coach a team of admissions and support personnel to ensure achievement of the enrollment and marketing plans and goals.
- Lead various individuals and groups outside the admissions office to promote the success of the admissions effort (faculty, student success, registrar, academic administration, financial aid, etc.). Oversee enrollment specific vendor and departmental relationships. Work with key partners in Marketing, Academics, Enrollment Operations, Academic & Business Operations, and Student Success to ensure a seamless student experience and alignment with marketing messaging. Serve as a member or lead several cross-functional groups.
- In collaboration with Lead Counselors, motivate staff to meet and exceed enrollment goals - including a regular review of daily activities and regular review of results against target. Review, evaluate, and report on all recruitment and admissions outcomes at all levels of the organization.
- Keep enrollment policies and practices up to date, within compliance and aligned with academic leadership.
- Participate in various external promotion events (college fairs, conferences, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to present and lead executive-level meetings with senior administrators.
- The ability to effectively hire, manage, develop, and mentor staff
- Proven leadership, management, and organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with faculty and department staff responsible for enrollment and admissions activities
- Familiarity with principles and best practices of enrollment management functions, including admissions, outreach, recruitment, student services, yield, retention, and data-driven management
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Sales skills and the ability to train others in sales techniques
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with prospective students and their families, internal enrollment stakeholders, and university leadership
- Ability to work with complex systems
- Ability to manage relationships and collaborate across all levels of the institution
- Strategy development
- Familiarity with computer operation and applications, especially with a client relationship management database. Salesforce experience preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to analyze problems and provide creative solutions.
5+ years of experience leading in a goal driven environment required with 3+ years of management experience in higher education preferred. Strong preference for experience in higher education recruitment, admissions, and/or marketing.
Bachelor's degree in a related field required; Master's preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Evening and weekend work is required throughout the year.
Bethel seeks to recruit, retain, develop, and support a diverse workforce who contributes to our educational and Christ-centered mission. Bethel encourages candidates to apply who can assist the University to develop a faculty that reflects the diversity of people in God’s kingdom through a variety of ethnicities, cultures, and lived experiences.
Learn more about our commitment to diversity in hiring .
Bethel University is a leader in Christ-centered higher education with approximately 6,300 students from 48 states and 32 countries enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, seminary, and adult education programs. Based in St. Paul, Minnesota, Bethel offers bachelor's and advanced degrees in nearly 100 fields. Educationally excellent classroom-based and online programs equip graduates to make exceptional contributions in life-long service to God and the world.
Bethel employs qualified individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, familial status, and status with regard to public assistance. Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.