The Information Networking Institute (INI) at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) educates and develops engineers through technical, interdisciplinary master's degree programs in information networking, security and mobile, as well as AI and IoT engineering that incorporate business and policy perspectives across two program locations: Pittsburgh and Silicon Valley. Established in 1989 in response to a demand from industry for professionals skilled in both computer science and engineering, the INI has evolved over the past three decades to become an integral part of Carnegie Mellon's College of Engineering, home to over 300 students each year from across the world.
The Information Networking Institute is searching for a Director of Admissions to join its team. This is a senior-level position and reports to the Director of the INI on all recruitment and admissions matters. The person in this role leads the development and implementation of the INI recruiting and admissions strategy for all INI programs and students, including traditional, part-time, and non-degree learners.
Your core responsibilities will include:
Leading Recruitment and Outreach Activities
- Developing annual and long-term recruitment strategy based on the INI's vision and strategic plan.
- Leading various strategic recruitment initiatives for the INI, such as identifying new domestic and international markets for admissions and developing strategic relationships to reach recruitment goals and recruitment of sponsored students within these markets.
- Developing and implementing strategies and initiatives to optimize application selection and yield of students.
- Assessing and responding to enrollment data and trends to address changing and emerging student markets.
Leading Admissions Processes, Activities, and Events
- Managing the entire admissions process while adhering to the timeline of each component. Working closely with faculty on application question updates, subsequent rubric, distribution of applications among faculty and all necessary prep for each Admissions Committee review meeting.
- Assessing the current admissions process, providing a formative and summative evaluation with recommendation for iterative improvements.
- Acting as the subject matter expert on the Technolutions Slate Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) for the INI.
- Using data analytics tools and methods to inform the INI admissions and recruitment activities and shape a balanced student roster. Partnering with faculty to engage in deeper analytics of the INI applicant pool. Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on admissions statistics through queries and reports in Slate, Excel and other tools as needed.
- Providing admissions guidance to prospective students; maintaining high quality of service to applicants and ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of regulatory documents.
- Overseeing the implementation of best practices in international recruitment and international student advising.
- Other duties as assigned.
Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within Carnegie Mellon University. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the university through their work.
You should demonstrate:
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- A passion for engaging with students and making a positive impact on their lives.
- Bachelors degree required
- Experience with Technolutions Slate Customer Relationship Management System preferred
- Successful background check
The INI cultivates an inclusive culture and provides an encouraging, inspiring and flexible environment for our students, faculty, staff and alumni. Our people are our core strength ¬the fabric of the INI.
Are you interested in this exciting opportunity?! Apply today!
CMU's COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements: As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in the United States to be fully vaccinated, including a booster when eligible, against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires in the United States must provide proof of vaccination or obtain an approved exemption. (Exemptions may be requested for medical reasons or for religious or strong moral or ethical conviction.) Staff and faculty must comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements. Please see Minimum Requirements to Return to Campus for details regarding the university's current COVID-19 mitigation requirements.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Staff - Regular
Full Time/Part time
- Please visit "Why Carnegie Mellon" to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world.
- Click here to view a listing of employee benefits
- Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
- Statement of Assurance