Bachelor's degree and 2 years of relevant experience.
Provide oversight and administration of the University's non-academic student conduct program under the supervision of the Associate Vice President of Student Services. Responsible for coordinating and facilitating investigations of alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct and other relevant policies. Serve as Deputy ADA Officer for students enrolled at the five UTMB Schools.
- Investigate non-academic student conduct complaints; advise complainants and respondents of their rights, responsibilities, and options; resolve cases informally when possible or through the formal investigation student conduct process as needed; maintains all appropriate files related to assigned cases; follow-ups to ensure that assigned conduct sanctions have been completed.
- Conduct investigations, interpret University policies, as necessary, facilitate developmental meetings, consult with appropriate school Deans to create, and assign educational sanctions, and assess student learning from sanctions.
- Compose investigation reports to students regarding complex and serious issues, and routinely compose detailed documentation on meetings with students, investigation progress, and other case-related information.
- Coordinate the organization of the judicial hearing panel and confirms the Provost's selection and training of representatives to this body. Schedule hearing dates for the judicial process, organize advisor assignment for the hearing panel and prepares hearing dockets of Reporting Party, Responding Party, and witnesses.
- Serve as University representative for non-academic student conduct hearings and present the case before the hearing panel in accordance with University policy and procedures.
- Provide appropriate educational intervention and resource referrals to complainants, respondents, witnesses, and others involved in the student conduct process.
- Supervise and monitor the administrative probation of students sanctioned for disciplinary violation of the Codes of Conduct.
- Ensures compliance with FERPA for all student conduct records by supervising the maintenance, security, and proper disclosure of such records.
- Familiarity with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Clery Act, and the Safe and Drug Free Schools and Community Act.
- Assist the ADA Office in addressing/responding to all student requests for ADA academic accommodations in a timely manner and completion of ADA accommodation letters.
- Assist with COVID notifications to the academic programs and the follow-up with all Student on medical leave of absences.
- Assist with completion of all verification forms that attest to previous ADA accommodations provided here at UTMB.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- A high degree of personal/professional ethics and an ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed investigative techniques.
- Ability to establish rapport and work cooperatively with various levels of faculty, staff, students, and outside agencies.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, and regulations.
- Outstanding customer service abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, judgment, and organization skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of cultures and backgrounds.
- Master's degree in Higher Education Administration
- Two or more years' experience working Student Conduct or related office.
- Experience with Maxient or other case management software
- Training in mediation and/or restorative justice.
Actual salary commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.