Southern California Regional Assistant Director of Admissions
Domestic Admissions Counselors
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
The individual will work with the admissions team to further WPI's efforts to attract and enroll the most qualified undergraduate students. They will be charged with developing and implementing strategies to convey key institutional messages to prospective students and parents on and off campus and to cultivate professional relationships with counselors and key educational organizations. We are a collaborative team with an ongoing focus of deepening our understanding of the intersectional identities of all members of our community. We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for students and staff, which is inclusive and culturally informed.
- Develop keen understandings regarding their territory's needs, trends, and opportunities regarding recruitment and admissions. Engages with strategic organizations in their territory to form relationships with key stakeholders, alumni, community-based organizations, regional groups, and more.
- Travel (6 to 7 weeks in the fall and 3 to 4 weeks in the spring) for recruitment and public relations purposes, attending and participating in college fairs, panels, high school visits, and other strategic events
- Create a Strategic Plan for attracting students with the right academic qualifications, from target high schools in assigned territory. (Based in the Los Angeles or San Diego Metro Area.)
- Review and evaluate admissions applications from assigned geographic territory.
- Travel to WPI's campus for required 4-6 trips back to campus for training, updates, and assisting with on-campus programming within the academic year.
- Conduct Admissions presentations and student meetings off-campus as well as virtually
- Advise prospective WPI students, parents, and counselors.
- Communicate with prospects via email, letter, or phone.
- Participate in shared decision-making regarding annual admissions planning.
- Represent WPI on and off campus as well as virtually at professional conferences and related events.
- Cultivate relationships with counselors, community agencies, parents, students (current and prospective), WPI faculty and alumni.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of Admissions or related experience required, salary adjusted to experience
- Willingness to travel and availability for night and weekend work.
- Valid driver's license is required for recruitment travel.
- This individual needs to be a self-starter who can work independently, yet also as part of a dynamic team.
- Must be able to manage multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. It seeks individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity, collaboration, inclusion, problem solving, innovation, high performance, and change making. It is committed to maintaining a campus environment free of harassment and discrimination.