The link below will give you information about the University's "T" salary structure.
Learn more about the "T" salary structure.
A variety of important factors are reviewed by HR when considering salary, including job duties, the applicant's education and experience, all relevant internal equity considerations, department budget, and funding source.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment and selection of undergraduate first-year students and for representing the University in a professional, knowledgeable, and responsive manner. Recruitment duties include aggressively managing a recruitment territory, including travel to high schools, college fairs, and other programs to talk with students, parents, and guidance counselors about Temple University. Other primary duties include reading and evaluating freshman applications and presenting on-campus information sessions to prospective students and their families. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
At Temple, you will find it easy to fit in while staying true to yourself. We value what makes each employee unique and strive to maintain a culture of diversity and inclusion. As an employee, you will enjoy our collaborative team-based culture that values innovation and creativity.
Click here to learn more about the benefits of working at Temple University.
This position is assigned a hybrid work arrangement (on-campus and remote). The duration of this hybrid work arrangement is at the discretion of Temple University and the hiring department.
This position requires a background check and Child Abuse Certifications prior to the commencement of service.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and at least one year of directly related experience in a non-profit institution of higher education. Experience with planning, facilitating, and participating in on-campus and off-campus recruitment events and delivering informational presentations to individuals and groups. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and exhibit self-direction and motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of admission terminology and tests.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to manage a recruitment territory and identify, recruit, and enroll prospective students.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills along with the ability to establish and maintain informational and active communication with high school and college students, parents, and high school counselors about the admissions process and requirements, financial aid, and career planning.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to travel and transport recruiting materials to locations that may not be accessible by public transportation.
- Experience working with Banner technology.
Temple University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all in every aspect of its operations, including employment, service, and educational programs. The University has pledged not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin or ethnic origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety. Click here.
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.