The Admissions Advisor is a member of the Admissions Team whose primary responsibility is to manage the admissions life cycle for all the schools' applicants from their initial inquiry to their new student orientation. The Admissions Advisor serves as the first point of contact for inquiries made to the school, schedules each applicant's appointment to visit the school, interviews applicants, informs and answers questions regarding the schools' programs, and coordinates with various school offices to guide the student through the admissions process. This position is best suited for those who have strong abilities engaging with people from various backgrounds, are able to build rapport with individuals and have the knowledge, maturity and ethics to help guide individuals who are pursuing higher education.
Duties & Performance Objectives
- Respond to and regularly follow up with inquiries from various sources (i.e. phone, email, web, in-person inquiries, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner. Establish rapport with applicants by providing program/school information, answering questions about the school, and asking pertinent fact finding questions.
- Schedule initial and follow-up appointments with applicants. Regularly confirm appointment schedules and maintain appointments in the schools database.
- Interview applicants by providing clear, complete and accurate information about the school, its programs and the admission process in accordance with school policy. Ask appropriate questions, evaluation the employment and education background of the applicant, and determine the applicants academic and career goals and expectations to make a determination whether or not the student would benefit from and has the appropriate academic abilities/goals to attend the program and the school. Provide the appropriate guidance to allow the applicant to make an informed decision on whether or not to enroll in the school.
- Disseminate current advertisement and promotional media to prospective students throughout the admissions process and provide all student outcome information per school policy.
- Coordinate admissions examinations with each applicant, convey results of examinations and assist in rescheduling examinations as necessary.
- Maintain each applicants admissions file and ensure all documentation is complete and meets all school policies. Enter in all data on leads, return calls, emails, appointments, interviews, enrollments and other data as required into the schools information systems.
- Create reports for the Director of Admissions to include data on inquiries, application statuses, completed enrollments, and other information as requested by the Director of Admissions.
- Coordinate and follow-up with newly enrolled students to attend the schools orientation and monitor the attendance of newly enrolled students during the first few weeks of classes in coordination with the Student Services Office.
- Establish, meet and maintain all performance goals and expectations to meet the customer service, enrollment and reporting goals and expectations of the Admissions Office. Provide feedback to the Director of Admissions about successes, challenges and areas of improvement.
- Attend departmental meetings, graduation ceremonies and other school events as required.
- Foster an education environment that is conducive to learning, respect, integrity, professionalism and teamwork.
- Adhere to all requirements from the schools accrediting agency, state agencies, federal agencies and school policies.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Admissions.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Degree in a technical field preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in admissions at a higher education institution or other customer services/sales related experiences.
- Exhibits professionalism, strong work ethics, honesty, integrity, courtesy and respect in all dealings with students, parents, guests, or others with whom the school conducts business.
- Familiarity and comfort working with various web based applications and common business software.
- Sound judgment and reasoning skills to problem solve.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Detail oriented, organized and able to prioritize tasks efficiently
- 40 Hours/week
- Mondays-Thursdays 10am-7pm and Fridays 9am-6pm (Except Holidays)