- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a candidate for Assistant Director for Education Abroad (EA) Advising and Engagement to advance global learning opportunities for students at all Penn State campuses, build strong partnerships with academic units and international partner organizations, supervise and actively support a team of dedicated professional advisers and engagement specialists, and contribute to the Education Abroad leadership team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage an advising caseload, meeting and communicating with students throughout the education abroad process
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with international partner organizations where Penn State students will and do study abroad
- Develop and/or refine advising and engagement practices based on data, emerging research in best practices, and feedback from team members and the University community
- Collaborate with faculty and departments to develop and launch new education abroad programs
- Establish a vision and priorities for outreach, engagement, and marketing of education abroad opportunities to students at all Penn State campuses. Work with appropriate staff members to ensure execution of these initiatives.
- Provide daily support and professional supervision to team of six (hybrid) full-time staff plus relevant part-time or student workers, including identifying opportunities for professional development
- Develop and oversee budget for advising and engagement needs
- Design and develop student evaluations and assessments; evaluate results and make recommendations for programmatic changes or enhancements
- Serve as a member of the Education Abroad leadership team, along with the assistant vice provost for Global Learning, director of EA, assistant director for academic services, assistant director for customized programs.
- Act as main liaison for major student issues at any point in the education abroad process, including communicating with stakeholders to resolve complex situations
- May involve academic duties including meeting requirements for professional accreditation
- May identify funding sources and apply for grants to support student success and EA participation
- Actively participate in strategic planning processes, implementation, and leadership
- Assist in the development of long-range enrollment projections and EA portfolio needs
- Establish and contribute to a positive and inclusive office culture
Preferred Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Collaborative working style and demonstrate a drive for teamwork
- Flexible working styles to meet needs of students, faculty, staff and colleagues across the Commonwealth
- Experience in using TerraDotta or a similar tool
- Experience advising undergraduate students
- Experience supervising full-time staff
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and demonstrated commitment to successfully supporting diverse student and/or faculty/staff populations
- Commitment to learn about The Forum on Education Abroad's Guidelines for Advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals; willingness to learn more and develop and/or implement strategies to advance sustainable practices and educational opportunities into office procedures and study abroad programs.
This position is based at the University Park campus, with a hybrid work schedule possible. Due to the nature of the role, candidates should expect to work in person 2-3 days per week with a remote option available on the other days.
This position typically requires a Bachelor's degree or higher plus 6 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The following background checks must be successfully completed for this position:
This position will require successful completion of standard background checks.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA