Working at INTO
As INTO continues to grow, so do the opportunities to join our global team. INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. INTO helps leading higher education institutions reach, recruit, and retain international students, promoting globally diverse campuses and providing life-changing learning opportunities. Since 2005, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize universities in the US, UK, and Asia. To learn more, visit: www.intoglobal.com/working-at-into/
Our People Promise
We Grow Together
At INTO, we’re in the business of growth. From school to university. From home to somewhere new. From dreams to career plans to long-awaited first days. And we believe growth isn’t just for students – it’s for our people too.
At INTO, growth means opportunities to feed your curiosity, to develop your skills and your career. It means staying true to our start-up soul, boldly saying “yes” and constructively saying “no”. It means building deeper relationships. And it means playing your part in our wonderfully diverse international community. Our dedication to growth – for students, our university partners and agents, for each other, and for ourselves – sets us apart. It’s what makes INTO a uniquely rewarding place to be, and to make a difference.
At INTO, we grow together.
The Executive Director for INTO Hofstra will report directly to the Advisory Board, with additional reporting lines to the INTO North America, SVP New Partnerships and University Provost.
This position will provide dynamic, consistent and motivational leadership to develop the INTO Hofstra center and partnership such that it reflects the goals and values of the University and INTO University Partnerships and promotes the delivery of a world-class customer and stakeholder experience. In addition, this individual will build the enrolment intake of students each year; and will ensure the efficient operation of the Center while maximizing progression rates to and retention at the University and will advocate for those students’ success thereafter. The Executive Director will be expected to travel to other INTO centers in the U.S. and the U.K., to attend meetings in different parts of the world and to support the recruitment of students by visiting key regions from time to time to meet with parents and educational agents.
Key accountabilities and duties The responsibilities of this position may change and develop over time, but will include the following:
- Provide leadership, vision and management to enable the Center and partnership to deliver its strategic and operational objectives. Ensure the effective management of quality teaching and learning.
- Promote and deliver an outstanding student experience that maximizes student retention and success throughout their degree programs, and provide a safe and productive learning environment that is engaging and fulfilling for all students.
- Provide a culture of performance management and team building to achieve the objectives within the Center mission and to attract, retain and develop quality employees.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including key university personnel and colleagues within the INTO University Partnerships network.
- Manage effective deployment of resources to achieve the maximum return on investment while maintaining the highest of standards for the delivery of academic programs and student support.
- Monitor overall financial performance through the efficient management of resources and operational functions within the established budget.
- Oversee the Center management and director teams to provide strategic direction and leadership and ensure successful daily operations of the Center.
- Oversee the Assistant Director, Marketing and Recruitment to develop a comprehensive recruitment plan for INTO HOF and HOF programs which delivers on the partnership's strategic goals.
- Contribute to marketing and recruitment through participation in events in the US and overseas, as needed. Participate as a member of the INTO US Senior Management Team.
- Deliver effective presentations to the university, the Center board and INTO senior management as requested or necessary.
- Ensure activities meet the organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Support and develop other existing or potential Centers within the INTO University Partnership network.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at Hofstra University in Hempstead, NY.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefit package included.
- Master’s Degree Experience working in Higher Education or in an education related field as an academic or administrator Proven record of leadership delivering strategic, financial and operational objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of financial planning, risk management, marketing, student support, staff development and training, human resources issues, and facilities management
- Experience directly managing budgets over $1 million per annum
- Experience working in an international context or for an international organization
- Experience in developing and driving best practice standards across organizations
- Experience creating a performance management culture which promotes the attraction, retention and development of quality employees
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- PhD or equivalent Knowledge of and/or experience with international student programs such as ESL and academic preparatory programs
- Previous private sector senior management experience with demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Experience working within a joint venture and/or a highly matrixed organizational structure and working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience living and working overseas Knowledge of another language
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure and, when necessary, with minimal resources
- Ability to ensure the delivery of a strongly supportive environment to enable all students to fulfill their academic potential
- Ability to reconcile the twin imperatives of delivering high quality academic programs in a university context, while working for a “for profit” organization and maintaining an efficient business operation
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to influence and motivate others to attain high goals
- Ability to deploy and manage resources effectively with efficient priority and time management
- Ability to delegate management tasks and empower others
- Ability to foster an open, fair and equitable culture and to manage conflict
- Ability to give and receive effective feedback and act to improve personal and organizational performance Ability to maintain sound judgment and decision-making even when under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills Competent IT and analytical skills
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full time exempt salaried position INTO takes care of their employees and ensures they are well and thrive with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health Benefits
- Company-paid Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Company-paid Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Short Term Disability (STD)
- Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Whole Life Insurance, Hospital Confinement Indemnity Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Account (DCA), Commuter FSA: Transit & Parking
- Paid Leave of Absence - Maternity, Partner, Adoption, Fertility Treatment, Bereavement, Compassionate, and other Personal Leaves
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – starting at 24 days per year; increases to 29 days annually after 2 years of employment
- Holidays – 11+ paid annually 2 paid
- Volunteer days annually
- 401(k) retirement plan – up to 6% company match
- Educational Assistance Company-paid
- Health & Wellness Apps
- Rewards & Recognition programs
- Remote & Flexible Working options
- Company-paid Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Company-paid professional development courses Campus perks
How to Apply
Please click apply to submit your Resume/ CV.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
California Residents: Please review our CCPA Notice