Assistant Director of Admissions
We seek a highly motivated, adaptable, and goal-oriented professional to join our team as a full-time Assistant Director of Admissions. Each counselor is responsible for managing their respective recruitment territory and contributing to the Admissions team's enrollment goals. This position will recruit prospective high school and transfer students to Champlain College by initiating contact and developing relationships with students, parents, counselors, teachers, and other external constituencies. The Assistant Director must be able to effectively communicate specifics about the academic programs, co-curricular life, strategic plan and vision of Champlain College, both in-person and in a virtual setting. They also will be accountable for their individual performance and contribution to the team's larger results. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump into their responsibilities. The ideal candidate will also be ready to contribute to a positive team environment and bring a high level of passion, enthusiasm, and attention to detail to this important work.Key Responsibilities:
- Management of a recruitment territory which includes:
- Relationship building with prospective students through regular personalized communication via telephone, email, text, and social media
- Proactively monitor progress toward targets for the territory through the use of Salesforce CRM, dashboards, and other data
- Travel extensively off-campus to recruit within a designated territory. Travel periods during traditional admissions cycles include approximately 8-10 weeks of travel in the fall and 2-4 weeks in the spring
- Strategically plan and execute targetedl high school visits, participate in college fairs, and seek out new opportunities such as expert panels to connect with students from territory in a rewarding way
- Advise prospective students about application components and understand the nuances of different major requirements
- Review and evaluation of applications for admission
- Serve as the primary contact for all applicants and counselors within the assigned territory
- Achieve territory enrollment goals and contribute to overall team goals
- Assist with all recruitment events including daily Information Session presentations, Open Houses, Admitted Student Events, Webinars, and School Counselor Programming
- Deliver presentations effectively and accurately communicate specifics about Champlain College, its mission, values, and public identity
- Represent the voice and values of the Admissions office and Champlain College at off-campus recruitment events or virtual networking opportunities
- Assist with additional projects and initiatives within the Office of and Champlain College at off-campus recruitment events or virtual networking opportunities
- Assist with additional projects and initiatives within the Office of Undergraduate Admission and Enrollment Management Division as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years demonstrated admissions experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills. Final candidates will be asked to present to the Admissions team as part of the on-campus interview process
- Demonstrated proficiency with technology including G-Suite, video chat platforms, and CRM systems. Ability to utilize Salesforce CRM to communicate with prospective students and manage recruitment territory
- Organization, high attention to detail, and ability to act independently as this position requires a high degree of initiative and independent professional judgment
- Ability to engage students from diverse backgrounds through a variety of mediums
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to lift, load, and transport admissions materials, displays, and other equipment up to 35 pounds
- This position requires work outside of traditional business hours including evenings and weekends throughout the year
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications. The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:
https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-noticeTo apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=160889&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency