Deputy Director, Center for Global Engagement (GP057A)
ODU is seeking candidates for Deputy Director of the Center for Global Engagement position (full-time, 12 month). The Deputy Director for the Center for Global Engagement serves as co-Deputy Director of the Center for Global Engagement (CGE) representing the office as needed at Director level meetings and engagements. The Deputy Director serves a member of the CGE strategic team with the Senior International Officer and other Deputy Director.
- Directs the VISA (Visa & Immigration Service Advising) office within the Center for Global Engagement. Manages federal compliance with all immigration data systems. Provides leadership to the international student community through workshops, targeted communications and advocacy efforts across campus.
Required Education: Master’s degree in Higher Education, International Education or related fields from an appropriately accredited institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal regulations related to F & J international student visa holders
- Experience processing H1B petitions
- Considerable skills presenting and/or delivering training/workshops
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and ability in strategy and management as well as a close understanding of budgets
- Considerable experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Several years of demonstrated experience serving as a Designated School Office (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Office (ARO) recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for authorized access to the Student & Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Knowledge of Banner
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience working abroad
Conditions of Employment:
Completion of Statement of Personal Economic Interests is required upon hire.
U. S. citizen or U.S. lawful permanent resident status required in order to secure access to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Student & Exchange Visitor Information System.
Review Date: This position will close on 6/18/2023
To apply, please visit https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/18637. It is the policy of Old Dominion University to provide equal employment, educational and social opportunities for all persons, without regard to race (or traits historically associated with race including hair texture, hair type, and protective hairstyles such as braids, locks, and twists), color, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation or genetic information. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.