The Communication and Events Manager is a key member of the Project Global Officer (GO) and the Language Training Centers programs. This dynamic role works closely with an expert IIE team to promote and support innovative language and culture programs for ROTC students and DoD community partners. These programs are implemented in partnership with 27 U.S. universities supporting Project GO and 10 U.S. universities supporting Language Training Centers. This is a highly visible role that requires frequent interaction with senior level partners/clients, and university partners. Responsibilities include creating high quality promotional materials, developing and delivering presentations and webinars, managing high profile events, and leading recruitment and outreach strategy for the team.
The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed above.
• In partnership with team and sponsor, creates and updates content across program websites, promotional materials (print and digital), outreach distribution lists, and related materials.
• Designs, implements, and maintains active social media and advertising supporting a national strategy to recruit ROTC students for Project GO domestic and overseas language and culture focused scholarship programs.
• Leads team engagement with outside vendors on special outreach projects, with team and sponsor input, to include but not limited to outreach videos, special edition print materials, and special reports.
• Serves as team lead on branding and visual identity guidelines and works closely with university partners to ensure consistent and effective messaging to prospective students and DoD partners, integrating best practices in communication and outreach.
• Assists team with writing, designing, and editing to produce high quality, accurate, visually impactful reports, outreach materials, and deliverables for Project GO and the Language Training Center programs.
• Leads team to manage high profile online and in-person events for DoD programming to include annual program meetings, technical assistance webinars, and routine programmatic events.
• Creates and delivers presentations and webinars for recruitment, stakeholder engagement, and alumni networking in partnership with university partners.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires an Bachelor's degree and at least two years of related work experience, or combination education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience and interest in business writing / editing / design with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated experience designing and implementing high profile online and in person events.
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral, including public speaking skills.
• Strong knowledge of social media and email marketing tools and experience designing and implementing campaigns.
• Demonstrated interest in or experience with study of languages and cultures or study abroad.
• Experience developing recruitment and outreach plans for student/participant based academic and/or training programs.
Salary Range: $60,547 - $70,386. A candidate’s salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, internal organizational equity, and geographic region.
IIE offers a robust suite of benefits to team members including medical, dental, and vision plans, paid time off and holidays, student loan and tuition reimbursement programs, professional development reimbursement program, retirement plans and a family medical leave benefits. Please visit our careers page for further details.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.