CHARLES M SCHENCK COMMUNITY SCHOOL CMS
Traditional 215 work days
Salary Range: $63,459 - $73,595 annually based on a 1.0 FTE
About this job:
Dean of Student Services ensures that all students are successful in the learning community, through coordination and oversight of intervention services to maximize the potential of all students. Bilingual Spanish and English preferred.
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Salary range is $63,459 - $73,595 based on a 1.0 FTE. Click here for more information on compensation for these roles.
- In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total Reward offerings such as; time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
What You'll Do:
- Supervise all coordinators of student award, gifted talented, and intervention services and programs.
- Administer the execution, maintenance, project implementation, change management, and cross-functional alignment of workstreams; ensures program and district compliance with relevant industry, state and federal regulations.
- Proactively reviews and manages student achievement data to identify student needs (e.g. remediation, Individualized Education Program).
- Advocate for students through family and community communications and integration.
What You'll Need:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field, required. Master's Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as an educator.
- Special Education certification and/or Gifted and Talented certification preferred.
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demands of the position.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.