WHAT IS THE LARGE BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL (LB&I)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: Large Business and International, Director Withholding, Exchange & International Individual Compliance (WEIIC): DFO EOS, Practice Network, Team 1803.
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Conditions of Employment
STANDARD POSITION DESCRIPTIONS (SPD):
Visit the IRS SPD Library to access the position descriptions.
- Telework Eligible Positions: Telework eligible positions do not guarantee telework. Employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements (e.g., reporting at least twice a pay period to your assigned Post of Duty (POD)) and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. Employees must also be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
- Subject to a 1-year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a bachelor's or higher degree in accounting that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and an additional 6 semester hours in related subjects such as business law, economics, statistical/quantitative methods, computerized accounting or financial systems, financial management, or finance.
A bachelor's or higher degree in a field other than accounting or a combination of education and experience equivalent to 4 years that included at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above.
Currently or previously held an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 position for at least one year.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To be minimally qualified for this position you must have one (1) year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate: Experience with management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight; Experience applying regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled; Experience applying basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); Experience applying communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
In addition, qualifying experience must include experience using knowledge of complex accounting and auditing principles, standards, procedures and techniques to provide oversight and direction to others; Experience with the identification, development or resolution of U.S. income tax principles related to pre and/or post filing examination of taxation issues; Experience applying knowledge of international tax law and experience transferring technical knowledge, i.e., managing, making presentations, teaching, mentoring, on-the-job instructing (OJI), writing on technical issues, etc.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: By the closing date (or if this is an open continuous announcement, by the cut-off date) specified in this job announcement, current civilian employees must have completed at least 90 days of federal civilian service since their latest non-temporary appointment from a competitive referral certificate, known as time after competitive appointment. For this requirement, a competitive appointment is one where you applied to and were appointed from an announcement open to "All US Citizens."
Go to Understanding the IRS Paybands for GS/IR conversion. For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
A copy of your transcripts or equivalent documentation is required for positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying based on education or a combination of education and experience. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. If the position has specific education requirements and you currently hold, or have previously held, a position in the same job series with the IRS, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time. Applicants are encouraged, but are not required, to submit an SF-50 documenting experience in a specific series.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday; Day Shift
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Relocation expenses - None
- If this position is covered by a formal development plan, pay retention will be offered where applicable based on law and regulation.
Though many locations may be listed, please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.