Miriam School and Learning Center
Miriam School and Learning Center seeks a strategic thinker who leads with integrity and care to serve as Director of Admissions and Enrollment beginning on/around July 1, 2023. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment will create and oversee a strategic, consistent, and engaging process for K-12 admissions and will work directly with all families exploring the high school (9-12).
About The School
Located on two expansive campuses in suburban St. Louis, MO, Miriam School and Learning Center empowers unique learners by building confidence and a foundation for success. The lower and middle school provides a personalized learning program and integrated therapies for students with complex learning disabilities in pre-K through 8th grade. The high school continues this mission, serving students with learning challenges in an environment designed to help them excel. In addition to a high school diploma, Miriam students graduate with real world experience and a portfolio of skills to help them succeed in their next steps, which could include 2 or 4-yr college experiences and/or vocational training.
About the Position
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment leads both the strategic and operational aspects of a data-driven enrollment program that includes admission, retention, and variable tuition (financial aid). This individual will join the school community at a pivotal time, as the school is poised for growth with two beautiful and spacious campuses including a relatively new high school, which has grown quickly since its founding in 2016. While the Director of Admissions and Enrollment will have an office in the high school campus, they will be responsible for building and overseeing a consistent experience for K-12 enrollment, including the admission process for new families and the retention of current families when appropriate. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment reports to and works closely with the Head of Miriam School and Learning Center; oversees the Director of Admission, K-8; serves on the senior leadership team; and helps coordinate discussion with several departments essential to enrollment success, including division heads, communications/marketing, and the business office.
• Oversee all aspects of the admission process and variable tuition/financial aid operations including the development, implementation, and execution of both short-term (initial year) and long-term (multi-year) strategic enrollment plans to meet growth goals for new students and the retention of current students when appropriate
• Ensure the integrity of the admission process to provide a consistent and positive experience for prospective families that honors the school’s mission/values and is aligned with best practices for independent school enrollment management
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission of the school, including clearly and effectively articulating the mission to prospective and current families
• Serve on the senior leadership team, actively participating in discussions with the Head of Miriam School and Learning Center and senior leaders on school-wide strategic initiatives, including opportunities for program growth to meet enrollment goals and market/community needs
• Create a calendar of admission events and oversee the planning, promotion, implementation, and assessment of these events
• Partner with the Director of Marketing and Communications to develop an enrollment marketing plan (print, digital and website) to reach the right audiences in effective ways using consistent language that conveys the value and outcomes of a Miriam education
• With the support of an established team, provide oversight and management of a well-established system for the variable tuition process (financial aid allocation) to ensure fairness, communicate appropriately with families, and adhere to best practices
• Collaborate with senior leaders, the board, and faculty to define the role of each constituent group in the enrollment management process, including the development of consistent internal language that conveys the value/outcomes of a Miriam education and the creation of appropriate, effective opportunities for each group to support new student enrollment and current student retention
• In partnership with other senior leaders, develop an understanding of local and national market trends to support strategic thinking and anticipate opportunities/challenges
• Oversee the information management software (Blackbaud) including process tracking, the online application, and submission of materials for enrollment; develop a system to use the database for efficient and effective communication where appropriate
Required Qualifications and Competencies
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Knowledge of best practices, current trends, and challenges of school enrollment management, including the admission process, events, marketing, data management, retention, and financial aid
• The ability and desire to be a strategic partner in developing innovative, data- driven solutions to challenges that ultimately lead to enrollment growth as well as honor and advance the school’s mission
• Interest and enthusiasm for working with people, including a genuine commitment to building a diverse and equitable community and to developing a sense of belonging for every individual within it
• Strong emotional intelligence, including sound judgement, the ability to balance multiple perspectives, critical listening, and compassion
• Energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced environment
• Effective project management skills, including organization, the ability to develop systems/procedures, clear standards of accountability, record keeping, decision making, and time-management
• Leadership, collaboration, open-mindedness, and initiative
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• A commitment to professional growth and education
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in independent school admissions strongly preferred
• Full time position for 12-months
• Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8AM to 4PM with additional hours as needed; some weekend and evening events required
• Generous paid time off work benefits
• Medical, dental, vision, voluntary life, voluntary accident, voluntary critical illness, FSA, and 403b retirement plan with company match. Employer paid group life, short term disability and long term disability.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Satisfactory outcome of background check, reference checks and degree verification
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor/manager. Miriam reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.