The Assistant Athletic Trainer serves as the primary medical care provider for injuries sustained to student-athletes in the Washington University Athletic Department program. Provides quality comprehensive health care through prevention, evaluation, treatment of injury or illness and act as a therapist for rehabilitation care.
The primary sport assignments will be designated by the Head Athletic Trainer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Prevention, evaluation, treatment, referral, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses to Washington University student-athletes.
- Assists in teaching and instruction of the athletic training class, PE 291.
- Assists in organizing and conducting the in-service educational program for the athletic training students.
- Assists in supervision of students employed in the athletic training program.
- Manages the computer storage of the electronic medical records.
- Works in conjunction with colleagues in athletic training and strength and conditioning to address injury issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Occasional lifting of water coolers weighing 60 pounds is necessary.
- Travel with sports to away competition with an overnight stay is required ten to twelve times/year.
- Duties also involve evenings and weekends.
The salary range for this position is $3,900 - $6,325 per month. The successful candidate can choose to be paid over only those ten months or have their ten months of compensation spread across the full twelve months of the academic year. This position reports to work on a full-time basis during the months of August through May. Actual compensation offers will depend on candidate's experience and expertise."
- Master's degree with two years of experience as an athletic trainer.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with injury evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Prior experience with administration responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing from National Athletic Trainers Association.
- Licensed as an Athletic Trainer in the State of Missouri.
Base pay is commensurate with experience.
The salary range reflects base salaries paid for positions in a given job grade across the University. Individual rates within the range will be determined by factors including one's qualifications and performance, equity with others in the department, market rates for positions within the same grade and department budget.
If you are unable to use our online application system and would like an accommodation, please email CandidateQuestions@wustl.edu or call the dedicated accommodation inquiry number at 314-935-1149 and leave a voicemail with the nature of your request.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. The screenings will include criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, an employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees. Benefits eligibility is subject to employment status, full-time equivalent (FTE) workload, and weekly standard hours. Please visit our website at https://hr.wustl.edu/benefits/ to view a summary of benefits.
Washington University in St. Louis is committed to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and especially encourages applications by those from underrepresented groups. It is the University's policy to provide equal opportunity and access to persons in all job titles without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Washington University is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment - fostering respect for all and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Individuals with a commitment to these values are encouraged to apply.
When you are ready to apply, creating an account only takes a minute. Your account creates a candidate home page which we will use to communicate with you and allows you to apply for jobs and view your application statuses. The first page of the application offers two "Quick Apply" options. Quick Apply allows you to either use a previous application or create a new application using a resume to populate the work experience and education sections of your job application. If using a resume to populate your application, check to ensure the application fields populated accurately. You may skip the "Quick Apply" page by clicking "Next" at the bottom of the page. Documents may be uploaded in the My Experience section of the application. You also have the option to apply with a LinkedIn feature, which allows you to apply by using your LinkedIn profile to populate some of the job application fields.