STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep's core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
DAY IN THE LIFE
STRIVE Prep Assistant Principals of Student Services will create exceptional outcomes and opportunities for students by leading the team in providing high-quality support for ELL students and students with IEPs or those in the MTSS process.
The salary for this position is $70,000-83,500 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Establish and execute systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming school environment.
- Serve as the leader of the campus instructional coaching program, working closely with the Principal.
- Lead highly effective, regular lesson planning clinics with teachers, facilitate debriefs and provide teachers with high-leverage feedback that is informed by student data.
- Meet regularly with Grade Level Lead/Chair(s) to further develop their capacity to lead a positive and proactive grade-level team.
- Collaborate with school leaders to design and implement excellent professional development.
- Collaborate with school leaders to manage campus academic data, multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS), the campus-based English Language Development (ELD) program, and the redesignation of ELL students.
- Serve as CH-ISA Lead overseeing support and redesignation of ELL students, and manage the ELA District-Charter Training track for campus staff.
- Oversee screening, identification, and programming for Gifted and Talented (GT) identified students.
- Ensure that students are safe and maximize learning time by upholding school-wide behavioral expectations, executing a school-wide incentive system for scholars, and supporting larger student discipline issues.
- Plan and facilitate morning meetings that model excellent instruction and invest scholars in the STRIVE values. Consistently and effectively model revolutionary instruction and management strategies.
- Provide daily leadership during community gatherings that set the tone for academic program.
- Serve as a key member of the campus-based Instructional Leadership Team.
- Assist with student recruitment.
- Communicate regularly and often with families to both solicit input and share student social, emotional and academic progress, while empowering teachers to do the same.
DevelopmentAttend and participate in weekly staff and grade level meetings.Participate in IEP meetings as well as Special Education department meetings.Participate in STRIVE Prep's Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
Additional ResponsibilitiesCollaborate and manage with the leadership team to implement standardized test administration and serve as the Site Assessment Leader.Required to provide onsite in person support during all standardized test administration through the school year.Support the Academic team to track and organize Capstone requirements for juniors and seniors. (High School API only)Other duties as assigned
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of teaching experience; 2 years must be Special Education, Intervention or ELD teaching experience.
- Must be Multilingual Education Qualified. See details here.
NICE TO HAVESSpeaks Spanish and has experience working with bilingual students (Strongly preferred) Demonstrated success working with students of color (Strongly preferred) Experience in Title I schools (Strongly preferred)Experience in a charter network (Strongly preferred)Experience working in a school setting with students with varied disabilities (Strongly preferred)Speaks Spanish and/or has experience working with English Learners Demonstrated success working with students of color
Benefits - TOTAL REWARDS
- Our benefits package includes:
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement through PERA
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.