Note for Current UM EmployeesCurrent employees must apply internally via connectU >
connectu.olemiss.eduDefinition of Class
This position performs duties to identify and recruit prospective students. The incumbent plans and participates in the implementation and recruitment of prospective students using marketing strategies and public relations skills, and counsels prospective students and parents regarding the admission process.
This position will be responsible for the recruitment of student in North Carolina and South Carolina and will be based in the state of North Carolina.Examples of Work Performed
- Assists in the planning and implementation of admissions and recruitment strategies including social media, websites, and content.
- Represents the University at various recruitment events to interpret state-mandated and institutional admissions requirements, provide financial information and guidelines, and give information regarding courses of study and other facets of the University to prospective students, both traditional and non-traditional, and to families and school counselors and other officials.
- Participates with the departmental leadership in defining key schools, sets new student enrollment targets for each of those schools, and devises and implements strategies to reach those targets.
- Visits high schools within assigned region and conducts meetings with prospective students while building relationships with alumni, school counselors, and other interested parties.
- Corresponds with prospective students including applicants, family, alumni, school counselors and others seeking information on admissions standards, academic and non-academic programs, and student activities; makes telephone calls and schedules personal visits with prospective students, as appropriate.
- Conducts presentations and on-campus interviews of prospective students and their parents or guardians; assists in arranging campus tours; and attends training programs and staff development meetings.
- May participate in the admissions and scholarship selection committee process to identify prospective students and submit acceptance to the unit’s program.
- Develops programs and communication tools for the recruitment of prospective students.
- When applicable, assists with the ambassador and telecounseling programs.
- Maintains a University vehicle (van), including periodic cleaning of inside and outside and scheduling routine maintenance.
- Creates and maintains prospect records in the campus recruiting management (CRM) system; prepares reports and/or analyzes data to coordinate recruiting efforts.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
These essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following. Additional essential functions may be identified and included by the hiring department. Coordinates and participates in the implementation and recruitment strategies of prospective students.Counsels prospective students and parents regarding the admissions process and the University. Minimum Education/Experience
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university, conferred no later than the date of hire, or verified in writing by the respective Dean’s Office or Registrar’s Office that requirements have been met with certainty for the degree to be conferred.
Six (6) months of experience related to the above described duties.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Related education and related experience may be substituted on a basis set forth by the Department of Human Resources.
Interview Requirements: Any candidate who is called for an interview must notify the Department of Equal Opportunity/Regulatory Compliance in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed prior to the date of the interview.Salary/Wage Information
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have established salary ranges.EEO Statement
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons. The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.