Description of Work
This is a REPOST. Previous applicants are still under consideration and do not need toreapply.
This position#60062981 is at Craven Correctional Institution located in Vanceboro, Craven County; a Medium Custody Adult Male Felon Diagnostic Processing Center. This position is responsible for preparing written reports and forms which accurately reflect information obtained from offenders entering an adult male felon diagnostic processing center which currently houses 850 offenders. Must be able to read and interpret legal documents effectively and accurately. Perform crisis intervention and routine counseling including suicide prevention with the ability to recognize abnormal behavior and taking appropriate actions in accordance with established procedures. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
The Knowledge, Skills and Abilities listed below, along with the Minimum Education and Experience requirements, are REQUIRED to qualify for this position. We will not review resumes in lieu of Experience and Education listed on the application. Click these links for additional information:Introduction to the Job ApplicationandAddressing Knowledge, Skills and Abilities. (Note: These links were created for applicants of Dept. of Adult Correction jobs and may not reflect the policies or procedures of other State agencies.)
To qualify for this position, applicants must document on the application that they possess ALL of the following:
- Working knowledge of the objectives, techniques, and regulations of a prison environment. *Basic knowledge of the techniques of interviewing
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and one year of correctional or human services experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Supplemental and Contact Information
The North Carolina Department of Adult Correction (DAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces an Employment First philosophy which consists of complying with all federal laws, state laws and Executive Orders. We are committed to reviewing requests for reasonable accommodation at any time during the hiring process or while on the job.
DAC uses the Merit-Based Recruitment and Selection Plan to fill positions subject to the State Human Resources Act with the most qualified individuals. Hiring salary will be based on relevant qualifications, internal equity, and budgetary considerations pertinent to the advertised position.
It is critical to our screening and salary determination process that applications contain comprehensive information. Information should be provided in the appropriate areas to include the beginning and ending dates of jobs worked, education with the date graduated, all work experience, and certificates / licenses. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing this application. Answers to Supplemental Questions must refer to education or work experience listed on this application to receive credit. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Applicants seeking Veteran's Preference must attach aDD-214 Member-4 Form(Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty) to their applications.
- Applicants seeking National Guard Preference must attach a NGB 23A (RPAS) if they are a current member of the NC National Guard in good standing. If a former member of the NC National Guard who served for at least 6 years and was discharged under honorable conditions, they must attach either a DD256 or NGB 22.
- If applicants earned college credit hours but did not complete a degree program, they must attach an unofficial transcript to each application to receive credit for this education.
- If applying for a position certified through the NC Dept. of Justice - Criminal Justice Standards Division, click this link for specific certification requirements: Correctional & Probation/Parole Officer Certification.
- The NC Dept. of Adult Correction must adhere to the US Dept. of Justice Final Rule on the "National Standards to Prevent, Detect, and Respond to Prison Rape." Click this link for information on hiring and promotion prohibition requirements for all positions in the NC Dept. of Adult Correction:PREA Hiring and Promotion Prohibitions.
- PerNC General Statute 143B-972.1, applicants hired into a position certified as a criminal justice officer or justice officer are required to electronically submit fingerprints to the NC State Bureau of Investigation for a state and national criminal history record check and enrollment in theFBI's Next Generation Identification System: Criminal Justice Record of Arrest and Prosecution Background Service ("RAP Back"). This is in addition to submitting fingerprints during the application process.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status." If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by management. If you are no longer under consideration, you will receive an email notification.
For technical issues with your application, please call the GovernmentJobs.com Applicant Support Help Line at 855-524-5627. If there are any questions about this posting other than your application status, please contact Vickie Shaw 252-214-6912