The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination or a University authorized exemption is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. For more information about Penn’s vaccine requirements, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Associate Director of Admissions, Wharton MBA Program for Executives (Hybrid-Eligible)Job Profile Title
Associate Director B, Student Services, AdmissionsJob Description Summary
The Associate Director role in the Wharton MBA Program for Executives will work across all cohorts in the program, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Global. Within the office of the MBA Program for Executives this role will support all aspects of the admissions office and admissions life cycle.Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Admissions , this Associate Director role in the Wharton MBA Program for Executives will work across all cohorts in the program, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Global. Within the office of the MBA Program for Executives this role will support all aspects of the admissions office and admissions life cycle. Including but not limited to, prospective student recruitment, extensive marketing and group presentations for prospective students, (virtual, domestic and international), evaluation and selection of applications and admitted student yield. The Associate Director will be additionally be responsible for interviewing candidates, conducting telephone chats, and tracking data and related metrics . Some travel, Saturday, and evening hours required.
- Recruit applicants for all WEMBA programs. Provide resume review, counsel, and guidance for prospective students including guidance regarding an appropriate cohort. Represent admissions and program at events such as information sessions, office hours, and various webinars
- Evaluate and interview applicants for admission. Participate during admissions committee meetings to discuss all program (Philadelphia, San Francisco and Global) applicants.
- Plan recruiting and yield events with the aid of an Operations Coordinator. Oversee contracts for venues and monitor event success using data and surveys.
- Oversee onboarding of new class, including yield strategies, assuring completion of background checks and seamless experience for new students.
- Maintain alumni outreach for recruiting purposes via referral program and other channels.
- Answer applicant and other general inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred and 3 years to 5 years of admission or related experience with strong interpersonal, project and people management, and presentation skills, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and oral communication skills, reading/evaluation ability, and the ability to work as a high level contributor, collaborator, and self-starter. Willingness to travel (both domestically and internationally}, keep non-traditional hours, and work in teams in the context of an innovative and entrepreneurial environment are critical to success in this position.
Position may be based in either Philadelphia or San Francisco.Job Location - City, State
San Francisco, California
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely. Remote Eligible - This position is eligible for a fully remote schedule with all work performed remotely.Department / School
Wharton SchoolPay Range
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family’s health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn’s Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you’re newly hired, you won’t have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That’s why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University’s libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There’s always something going on at Penn, whether it’s a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you’re right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay