The Boston University Center for Career Development (CCD) is the centralized career center at Boston University. Comprised of the Career Education, Employer Engagement and Marketing and Communications teams, the center serves all undergraduate and graduate students at the university (with the exception of Law, Medicine, Dental and Public Health).
Reporting to the Executive Director of the CCD, the Associate Director of Employer Engagement leads a team of five and strategically and effectively develops, engages and advances relationships with external employers to enhance career readiness, internship opportunities and career employment outcomes of diverse and dynamic Boston University students and Alumni.
The Associate Director supports and supervises a team that develops and executive signature events on campus including career fairs, virtual fairs, industry specific fairs, a funded internship program, an on-campus interview program and career, alumni and industry panels for academic majors.
This position plays a key leadership role in designing and implementing a University-wide employer engagement strategy with the other recruiters across campus developing and recommending policies and procedures. The Associate Director identifies and cultivates new employers to meet needs of students and researches and identifies sponsorship opportunities that enhances and highlights employer branding on campus. This includes managing systems and processes that capture and manage employer contacts, data points. Using a gap analysis of employer engagement and student desirability identify and execute a strategy that reduces the gap.
The Associate Director maintains a small student career coaching schedule assisting students with negotiating salaries, exploding job offers and industry trends. The Associate Director manages the EE budget, prepares semester and annual reports, and leads and serves on committees in the department, division and university.
- Attend weekly leadership team meetings lead weekly EE team meetings, semester retreats, and provide direction, supervision and guidance to staff.
- With the EE team, develop individual and team goals each year with measurable outcomes,
- Initiate and assess current and new programs and initiatives related to employer engagement with the BU CCD, the greater university and students seeking internships and jobs.
- Run regular reports from Handshake and collect data and assess programs to make improvement
- Create and recommend policies for employer engagement (on/off campus interviews, industry information sessions, leadership programs, talent development.
- Attend bi-weekly department meetings, prepare and manage team budget, prepare annual reports
- Other duties as assigned
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience working in employer relations in industry or higher education, with 3+ years of management experience
- Experience with Handshake, CSO or comparable software platform.
- Proven track record in assessing the skill sets and needs of a community and aligning strategic partnerships to serve and support those requirements.
- Experience advising and coaching others.
- Experience supervising and leading staff.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.