New England Jewish Academy -
New England Jewish Academy (NEJA), an Orthodox pre-K - 12 day school in West Hartford, CT, is seeking a part-time/full-time Director of Admissions with a June 2023 start date.
Newly unified on our beautiful campus, NEJA is poised for continued enrollment growth. Our ideal applicant will possess warmth and empathy. He or she will be a self-starter who is very well organized, a great communicator, has superb customer service skills and exhibits a warm, friendly and kind demeanor at all times. The candidate will be comfortable interacting with children of all age groups and families of all backgrounds.
The Director of Admissions will perform a wide range of tasks falling under the broad categories below:
- Manage the admission process from inquiry through enrollment and retention.
- Proactively recruit and provide outreach to families within a 1-hour radius of the school.
- Manage the financial aid, grant processes and tuition agreements.
- Work closely with the Head of School, Principals, Director of Finance and faculty.
- Communicate comfortably with all stakeholders.
- Coordinate and lead all individual and group recruitment tours.
- Coordinate and oversee all admissions events.
- Manage the re-enrollment process for students.
- Prepare reports for the Board of Directors and the Head of School.
- Assist with grant writing and school communications.
The successful candidate will hold an Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree preferred), have 3-plus years of experience in a similar role and have an in-depth understanding of the Jewish religion and culture. The applicant must be able to maintain complete confidentiality, have strong oral and written communication skills and excellent computer skills, including experience with Google and Excel.
Medical benefits, along with vacation, reduced summer hours and holidays (Jewish, federal and school holidays are observed.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Hartford, CT 06117: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person