Florida National University - Major Responsibilities:
Identify, recruit and enroll prospective students in the programs available at the University. Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintain a thorough knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures pertinent to the admissions process including program requirements, tuition and fees, class schedules, etc. and apply them consistently to student’s enrollment.
Obtain a thorough knowledge of the University’s objectives, requirements and content of all programs of study offered in order to present complete and factual information to prospective students.
Identify, recruit and enroll prospective students by conducting interviews with them and parents to provide program information and requirements, by assessing prospective student’s post-secondary education needs, and by finishing the enrollment process as appropriate.
Work closely with students to identify, refine, assess and determine student’s educational and career goals, providing ongoing advisement to those students.
Facilitates the student enrollment process by interacting and collaborating with the academic/ administrative units of the institution.
Organize, maintain, and update all student admissions information in the database, as well as in the students’ file.
Complete and process all enrollment documents and ensure the student’s file meet audit requirement standards.
Communicate with students on a regular basis and follow-up class participation to promote retention and educational continuity.
Conduct tours of the University for prospective student and parents.
Maintain a leads management program of prospective students which includes number of leads, follow-up calls, and enrollments.
Participate in recruiting activities such as University fairs, career days, education fairs, festivals, and any other activities to promote, develop and maximize enrollment opportunities. This activity may fall on any day including weekends and after regular work hours.
12. Participate in the self-studies and committees conducted by the University.
13. Participate in the new students’ orientation.
14. Support and participate in University’s Commencement Ceremonies.
15. Performs any special project assigned by the President or supervisor.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
17. Ensure they are in compliance with Title IX of Education Amendments Act of 1972.
18. Follow all FNU Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulation and the FNU Code of Ethics. As well as, Title IX, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, as amended from time to time (“FERPA”), Florida Information Protection Act of 2014, as amended from time to time (“FIPA”), the EU General Data Protection Regulation as amended from time to time (GDPR) and all other applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations.
Read, understand and comply with the University’s mission, the catalog, the University’s policies and procedures, the Staff Handbook and institutional effectiveness process.
20. Responds to communications (email/voicemail) on a daily basis. Requirements:
1. HS, Associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree
2. English/Spanish required
3. Customer Service and teamwork skills Schedule:
§ Monday - Thursday: 2 days from 8:00am to 5:00pm and 2 days from 12:00pm to 9:00pm
§ *Fridays alternate ( campus closes at 7pm) (8:00am to 5:00pm or 10:00am to 7:00pm) Job Type
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Benefits
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Time
• Bereavement Leave
• Jury Duty
• Military Leave
• Personal Leave
• Benefits Continuation (COBRA)
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Educational Assistance
• Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Working Conditions
General office working conditions. Noise level is at normal office capacity. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently and for extended periods of time, sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs. This position requires the ability to see, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment. The employee must lift and/or move up to (10) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust to focus. The employee must travel to other campuses, as needed and/or required. Safety Hazard of the Job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39,520.00 - $57,200.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hialeah, FL 33012: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Considerable knowledge of immigration rules and regulations: 1 year (Preferred)
- English/Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person