Woodland - Laurel, MD
2 Year Degree
Responsible to provide students with employability training leading to full-time jobs, higher education or advanced training. Coordinates and manages Work-Based Learning program ensuring students are actively participating in on- and off-Center on-the-job training assignments to improve employability skill-set. Provides students with transportation services and participates in Career Transition Readiness/Grad-90 program.
- Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data. o Responsible to obtain off-Center WBL and direct placement opportunities for students. o Develops strong employer networks.
- Identifies employers, trade associations and labor organizations to serve on the Center Industry Council (CIC).
- Provides feedback and input, in person and via the students ePCDP, to the students Career Transition Specialist regarding the students strengths and weaknesses as identified by their off-Center WBL experiences.
- Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides employability and career counseling. Routinely evaluates student performance, updates ePCDP and identifies/remediates barriers preventing student achievement and success.
- Provides transportation and support services to meet student WBL requirements. o Validates student WBL attendance and WBL site supervisor evaluations. o Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner. o Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities.
- Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree Required. Minimum 1-year relevant experience. Prefer previous Job Corps or related program experience. Computer literacy and proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing applications required. Must possess a valid in-state Drivers License and meet the Company insurability requirements.
"Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability." This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.