Bhise Global Learning Experience
This position will support the Bhise Global Understanding Project, a comprehensive campus internationalization effort that supports faculty and student initiatives across all areas of Adelphi University. Funded by a generous gift to Adelphi University by Bharat Bhise, MBA '78, CEO and founder of Bravia Capital, the initiative will underwrite student travel experiences such as the Bhise Global Learning Experience tour to India, a visiting lecture series, curriculum development, faculty fellowships, faculty research grants and other strategic initiatives.
This is a 9-month (Oct - May) hourly position.
In compliance with New York's Pay Transparency Act, the hourly rate for this position is $25 per hour for no more than 20 hours per week. Adelphi University considers factors such as departmental budgets, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer. The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Title Position Reports To: Director, Center for International Education
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
1. Coordinate all logistics for the Bhise Global Learning Experience, a study tour to India in the January Intersession. Duties include but are not limited to student advising, communications, itinerary, budget management and post program evaluation.
2. Provide general administrative support for the Bhise Global Understanding Project, such as coordinating the guest speaker series, assisting with marketing and communication, supporting the two Bhise Fellows and the Steering Committee, processing payments, and assisting in the creation of new initiatives.
3. Represent the Bhise Global Learning Experience at on and off-campus events, including leading study abroad information sessions and presenting to prospective students and campus stakeholders.
4. Coordinate with campus administrative units.
5. Support the Center for International Education as assigned by the director.
6. Promote campus internationalization, study abroad and all global initiatives at Adelphi University.
7. Perform special projects and other duties as assigned (including working occasional nights and weekends)
1. Ability to interact with faculty, students, administrators, and others in a highly professional manner
2. Strong organizational skills
3. High level of written and oral communication
4. Knowledge of social media platforms
1. Undergraduate degree required.
2. Experience working in a professional environment.
3. International experience is strongly preferred.
4. Demonstrated programming and administrative experience.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 7,250 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students 79 undergraduate programs, more than 84 master's degree and doctoral programs, and 63 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 119,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 72 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4616651
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.