University of Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota Classification
Director of Admissions/VP GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Admissions Counselor at the University of Sioux Falls is the primary representative of the campus community to students, guidance counselors, parents, churches, and guests. The counselor’s function is to market and present the University’s programs accurately, positively, thoroughly, and in a professional manner. A successful performance in this position is determined by the quality and the quantity of students that enroll and complete their educational programs at the University.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Territory manager for assigned states, programs and schools, includes but is not limited to, cultivating relationships with prospective students and their families throughout the recruitment process by developing goals and strategies; overseeing assigned territory; developing travel plans; scheduling visits; presenting university programs, features and benefits and visiting homes, schools and churches.
- Communicate regularly with prospective students and their families via telephone, email, text, and mail throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Plan, coordinate and attend special events such as planning days, college fairs, youth rallies, sporting events, and church meetings within territory as the, or one of the, University of Sioux Falls representatives collaborating with the faculty, staff, prospective and current students to help organize visits for individuals and groups.
- Coordinate with other offices in all affairs dealing with the Office of Admissions by participating in planning/strategy sessions, attending departmental and university meetings and fully participating in special projects of Admissions (Campus Preview Days, Accepted Student Days, Athletic Visit Days, Honors Program Events and New Student Registration).
- Partner with the Student Services division of the University by understanding housing requirements, immunization requirements and housing application deadlines while relaying important dates and information to their new and prospective students.
- Partner with the Financial Aid division of the University by keeping updated on changes and updates in Financial Aid on a regular basis, understanding USF scholarship program, working as a contact between student and financial aid and relaying appropriate and correct financial aid information as needed.
- Understand and articulate the goals and Christian mission of the University, representing the University to churches, summer camps, youth rallies, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to articulate Christian commitment
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Pleasant and responsive to student needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; will be speaking in front of large and small groups.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (particularly Excel and Word), Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), as well as telephone, fax, and printer.
- Ability to lift and carry materials and similar items of at least 30 pounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to Christian higher education.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and travel frequently during the fall and spring semesters.
Qualified applicants should provide a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information for a minimum of three professional references.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS
The University of Sioux Falls is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.