The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.Posted Job Title
Temporary Admissions CounselorJob Profile Title
Temporary Employee - Non-ExemptJob Description Summary
Penn Engineering Online is seeking an Admissions Counselor that serves as a recruiter for multiple online graduate degree programs. Reporting to the Admissions Recruitment Manager, the Admissions Counselor will provide admissions counseling and work with potential students and applicants to drive application submission. The Admissions Counselor will join an active, engaged and high performing team.Job Description
95% - Counseling
- Proactive outreach to prospective students via phone calls, texting, and emails.
- Assisting with Slate instance of Inbox
- Assisting with evening and weekend office hours for prospective students, answering questions about:
- Admissions requirements
- Application materials needed
- Program Details
- Student Experience
- Assisting with Webinars and other events by answering questions behind the scenes.
5% - Other duties as assigned
Job Location - City, State
- Help the Online learning office with other tasks as required
Department / School
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills and ability to establish and maintain informational and active communication with prospective students about the admissions process and requirements, program details and the student experience..
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and to exhibit self-direction and motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize diverse tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people of diverse constituency groups.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
School of Engineering and Applied SciencePay Range
$7.25 - $25.00 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check may be required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.