Earlham College - Richmond, INPosition Type:
Full TimeJob Category:
Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color. Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College; many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham education.Earlham College is seeking an Assistant Director of Admissions to join our team!
The Admissions Counselor will develop and execute an effective strategy to recruit first-year students from an assigned geographic territory. The most important component of job success, among multiple priorities, is meeting enrollment targets for that territory.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing recruitment territory to achieve enrollment goals for the College.
- Provide excellent customer service by reaching out to and responding to prospective students and parents via phone, text message, letters, email, videoconference, and scheduled appointment.
- Review applications for admission and scholarship.
- Conduct admission presentations and interviews for visitors on and off-campus.
- Attend college fairs and visit high schools in assigned territory.
- Advise students and families of admission requirements, process guidelines, financial aid, scholarship information, academic programs, residence life, etc.
- Complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
- Work with current students, staff, faculty, alumni and other stakeholders that support the recruitment of students.
- Manage special projects and roles as assigned by the supervisor.
- Some weekend and evening responsibilities are expected.
- May coordinate a specific programmatic area such as student tour guides, social media, etc.
- Contribute to the overall success of the enrollment program and the university by performing other duties as assigned.
- Additional duties as needed to support Earlham College.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Masters Preferred.
- 3 or more years’ experience in Higher Education
- Previous management experience
- A Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Ability to use data to make informed decisions.
- Comfortable with standard office productivity software and complex software such as Slate or other CRMs.
- Commitment to working with people of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to travel as needed, including multi-day overnight trips
- Strong time management and priority setting skills
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
Qualifications To Apply:
Please Note: The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
- Please submit the following application materials through our Earlham Careers Portal
- Cover letter - Please address your thinking and experience with matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, as it relates and specifically pertains to this position.
- List of Three References with Contact Information
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.