Admissions & Financial Aid Counselor University Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information. Posted Job Title
Admissions & Financial Aid CounselorJob Profile Title
Coordinator BJob Description Summary
The Penn Graduate School of Education is committed to cultivating a workplace that values equity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. We seek talented individuals who will help lead our efforts to create a more inclusive workplace in a community with a substantive institutional commitment to equity and justice. Diversity is prized at Penn as a central component of our mission and helps create an educational and working environment that best supports the University's commitment to excellence in teaching, research, and scholarship.
Penn GSE is currently ranked the #1 graduate school of education in the nation by US News and World Report and is known for its exceptional scholarship coupled with a deep history of on-the-ground impact. Penn GSE partners with schools, universities, and communities to expand educational access - especially for those underserved by society. We have a 100-year legacy of producing education leaders through innovative ideas, passionate people, and a commitment to making a difference. With 40 tenured and tenure-track faculty and close to 1400 students, Penn GSE is the fifth largest school at Penn and second largest graduate school with remarkable scholarly productivity and influence.Job DescriptionDuties
Penn GSE is seeking a candidate for the Admissions & Financial Aid Counselor position. This role will be an integral part of the Office of Admissions & Financial Aid and contribute to a variety of key functions within the Office. The incumbent will organize and execute on-campus, off-campus, and virtual events; participate in these various recruitment and yield events; and must be able to travel both domestically and internationally. The tracking of event attendance numbers, budget expenditures, and pre- and post-event communications and set-up will be a critical component of the role. Finally, the Admissions & Financial Aid Counselor assist with our School's financial aid process, which will include educating students about their aid options, assisting with billing and account reconciliation, and promoting greater understanding of financial policies and wellness through student meetings and information sessions.
- Plan all on-campus and virtual events: set up registration forms, event communication, and post events in both CRM and on the web.
- Manage post-event activity, including attendance tracking, communications, and comparative data reports.
- Provide financial aid information to prospective and current students. Counsel students on their overall financial aid offer, loan acquisition and repayment options, and the tuition and billing process.
- Answer student inquiries related to their personal financial situation and aid. Assist in applying scholarship funds to students' account and resolving billing issues. Reconcile admissions deposits.
- Assist prospective students, applicants, and admitted students by responding to their inquiries by email, phone, and in-person.
- Attend recruitment and yield events representing Penn GSE both on and off-campus, to include domestic and/or international travel.
- Deliver admissions and financial aid presentations to prospective and admitted students.
- A Bachelor's degree is required along with 2-3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to multitask and advance multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- Team player who is adaptable, highly collaborative, and has a keen eye for detail
- Event programming will frequently occur in the evening and/or weekends, so must be able to work some non-traditional hours.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have a student-first, service-minded orientation
All applicants must submit a cover letter.
- Prior Admissions experience is a plus
- Experience with event planning is desired
- Familiarity with using constituent relationship management (CRM) systems.
Penn GSE actively seeks and welcomes people of color, women, the LGBTQIA+ community, persons with disabilities, and people at intersections of these identities, to apply.
The expected salary range for this position is $54K-$57K. Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Graduate School of EducationPay Range
$42,953.00 - $65,861.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Graduate-School-of-Education/Admissions---Financial-Aid-Counselor_JR00047612
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-efe5db6639e85840a1980fdc8ec7ae7d