: Franklin, MAPosted:
: Aug 1, 2023Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-Time Fiscal YearPosition ID:
About Dean College:
Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition that all students deserve the opportunity to discover and exceed their greatest aspirations. A personal and transformative community since 1865, Dean tirelessly inspires our students to unimagined heights through personalized support and integrated delivery of academic, co-curricular and experiential learning. Our graduates are lifelong learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility and demonstrate leadership.
Recognized as a Top Regional College by U.S. News & World Report for eleven consecutive years and named a College of Distinction for five consecutive years, Dean serves approximately 1,200 full-time students and 400 part-time students and offers more than 50 combined bachelor's and associate degree programs and specializations, as well as a robust schedule of continuing studies, EMT and certificate programs throughout the year.
Dean College is perfectly situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence, Rhode Island and is accessible to Boston by commuter rail. The Dean College/Franklin station is only a five-minute walk from campus. Approximately 87 percent of the College's student population lives on campus.
Dean provides a supportive academic environment that thrives on hands-on engagement and exceptional teaching. This community-wide commitment of always going the extra mile for students is known as The Dean Difference
. Outside of the classroom, students participate in 16 athletic teams and more than 30 on-campus groups and organizations.
Ninety-six percent of our bachelor's degree students are employed or enrolled in graduate school within 12 months of graduation. Alumni are hard at work in top-ranked graduate programs and are employed by organizations such as Universal Studios, Dell Technologies, Liberty Mutual, Kraft Sports + Entertainment, the Boston Ballet, and more. What is The Dean Difference?
The Dean Difference isn't any one thing. It's not a program or a professor. It's not a single class or a club. It's the way our academics support networks and community overlap, interweave and magnify each other. Our difference unites us. It's our secret formula. It's the nucleus around which we orbit. It isn't one thing, it's everything
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Enrollment and Dean of Admissions, this full-time, 12-month, exempt position serves as a primary recruiter and territory manager for the College. The successful candidate will have an understanding of higher education, possess a can-do attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team-oriented environment within the Admissions Office.
- Planning and implementing recruitment travel in defined territories.
- Conducting student interviews and evaluating prospective students.
- Reviewing applications for admission.
- Communicating with prospective students and applicants via phone, email, text, and social media.
- Representing Dean College at in-person and virtual college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment events.
- Monitoring prospective students' activity from inquiry to enrollment.
- Coordinating admissions-related activities, processes, and procedures.
- Providing admission presentations to campus visitors and various constituent groups in person and virtually.
- Completing routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, and special programs.
- Evening and weekend work will be required, including significant recruitment travel which is heaviest in September, October, November, March and April.
- Additional responsibilities may also include working with specialty populations such as transfer students, international students, and students for the Arch Learning Community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of admissions experience.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse campus setting, including students and employees.
- Demonstrated experience handling multiple tasks simultaneously and maintaining good organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience utilizing technology including Microsoft Office, web-based tools, and student information systems.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Dean College is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher education for all persons, including faculty and staff with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis.
Dean College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law.
This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities. A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.