1. Support students to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problemsaffecting their educational situations.
2. Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by law, company policies, andadministrative regulations. This includes the Individual Learning Plan, withdraws, anddocumenting all contact with student in the Student Information System.
3. Confer with parent/guardian, teachers, administrators and other professionals to discuss studentsprogress, resolve problems and determine priorities for students and their needs.
4. Attend department and all staff meetings/events as scheduled. Engage in professional
development/training requirements and opportunities.
5. Complete reporting as required by Director of Exceptional Student Services. This includes
utilization of the student progress tracker.
6. Contact all students on caseload as required by policies. Communication methods and frequencywill vary.
7. Provide crisis intervention to students when difficult situations occur.
8. Guide new students through the program Orientation process.
9. Effectively communicate with colleagues, students, and parents.
10. Attend departmental and All Staff meetings/events as scheduled.
11. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communication SkillsWritten Communication SkillsCustomer RelationsCustomer ServiceTelephone EtiquetteOrganizationProject ManagementProfessionalismTime ManagementComputer LiteracyKeyboard SkillsReading Skills
Degree: High School Diploma or Equivalent, Bachelors degree preferred. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Prior social services, educational services, teaching, pastoring, public service, etc. required.
List of Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently in an 8-hour shift is required to sit; stand; walk; kneel; crouch; stoop; balance; climb; use repetitive motions; lift up to 25 lbs; reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger; handle or feel and look at a computer or hand-held screen for long periods of time.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform this job. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Please see your immediate supervisor with any questions you may have.