Admissions Counselor Location:
New York City, NY Full/Part Time:
Full timePosted On:
Posted 11 Days AgoReq ID:
JR2752 Description: If you are a current Barnard College employee, please use the internal career site to apply for this position. Job:
Admissions Counselor Job Summary:
Reporting to the Dean of Enrollment Management, the Admissions Counselor will participate in the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of candidates for admission to Barnard College. Admissions Counselors may also coordinate individual projects as assigned by the Dean of Enrollment Management. Please submit resume and cover letter. Job Description: Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the recruitment process which involves planning, scheduling and implementing four/five weeks of extensive travel throughout the United States. Visit schools, talk with prospective students, and meet with school counselors and alumnae groups.
Skills, Qualifications & Requirements: Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Attend College Fairs and other programs during the fall and spring recruiting seasons; give public presentations about Barnard’s academic and extracurricular programs and resources; admission and financial aid policies and procedures to a variety of audiences (both on and off campus)
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of students to the first-year and transfer class. Read, evaluate and summarize applications for admission.
- Conduct interviews for first year applicants on-campus and during travel
- Represent Barnard at local college events and attend professional meetings and conferences. Analyze visits and compose written reports.
- Correspond with prospective students, applicants, College alumnae, guidance counselors, and others seeking information on admissions standards, academic and non-academic programs and student activities in writing and via social media platforms.
- Conduct meetings with prospective students, guidance counselors, and student service agencies during visits to secondary schools, and other educational institutions within assigned areas.
- Carry out special projects and programs assigned by the Dean
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in a variety of social media platforms and web applications
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive information and material in a discretionary manner.
- Capacity to relate easily, effectively, and appropriately with people from widely diverse backgrounds and circumstances; commitment to advancing diversity awareness and inclusion
- High degree of accuracy and ability to absorb detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working collegially in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently while functioning as part of a team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and convincing manner
- Good counseling and listening skills
- Ability to handle own correspondence
- Willingness and ability to work weekends and extended hours, at various times of the year and travel for up to two weeks at a time.
- Understanding of issues facing admissions and higher education
- Understanding of the values of a liberal arts education for women and the ability to articulate them effectively.
Pay Rate: $31.25/hour SPECIAL HOURS: Some Saturdays and Sundays during the recruitment and admission selection periods; some evenings to attend College Nights and Fairs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
The salary of the finalist selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to departmental budgets, qualifications, experience, education, licenses, specialty, and training. The above hiring range represents the College's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Company:
Barnard College Time Type:
Full time About Us:
Barnard is an intellectually stimulating, diverse college community of approximately 800 full- and part-time faculty and staff dedicated to providing an extraordinary educational environment for our 2,600 students.
Whether you are a current or potential Barnard employee, the Office of Human Resources is here to provide you with clear and accurate information and the best possible service. We hope that you find the site useful and will feel free to email any of the HR staff directly with questions or suggestions. We look forward to working with you.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/8Mx1ArID2gKlqCon6ur4Jb