Assistant Director of Student Experience
Full time, permanent
Long Island, NY
Up to $70,000 based on experience
At INTO Hofstra, we are dedicated to providing international students with a transformative educational experience. We believe that fostering a positive and enriching student experience is essential in helping international students succeed. If you're passionate about creating a welcoming and supportive environment for students from all over the world, we invite you to join our dynamic team as the Assistant Director of Student Experience.
As the Assistant Director of Student Experience, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the holistic experience of international students at INTO Hofstra.
You will be responsible for overseeing all non-academic aspects of student life, including housing, dining, health and wellness, transportation, activities/programming, arrival, orientation, and more.
In addition, you will collaborate closely with university departments, partner universities, and international stakeholders to ensure that students have a seamless and enriching experience.
As the Assistant Director of Student Experience, your responsibilities will include:
- Vision and Mission Alignment: Ensure that the overall student experience aligns with the vision and mission of INTO Hofstra, contributing to campus internationalization.
- Strategic Leadership: Collaborate with the partnership's management team to develop strategic priorities that advance the goals of the Center, with a focus on preparing international students for successful integration into the university.
- Student Life Oversight: Oversee critical areas of the student experience, including on-campus housing and dining, arrivals, crisis management, student conduct, engagement, orientation, and supervision of the INTO Hofstra University Welcome Desk.
- Policy Development: Develop and implement policies, processes, and systems to manage student life effectively and in accordance with university policies.
- University Collaboration: Act as the primary contact for university student affairs departments, ensuring a positive experience for all students and facilitating integration into existing student affairs services and programs.
- Emergency Response: Coordinate with the university crisis response team and external agencies in emergency situations involving INTO Hofstra students.
- Publications and Marketing: Oversee print publications related to the student experience, such as the Pre-Departure Guide and Student Handbook, and support marketing efforts as required.
- Financial Management: Work closely with the partnership finance team to manage the unit within the allocated budget.
- Team Leadership: Lead and manage a team of partnership and university employees, promoting best practices in the student experience and staff and student retention.
- Stakeholder Relations: Establish and maintain positive relationships with partner universities, peers, colleagues within the INTO network, and regional offices worldwide. Share insights and resources with new INTO North America partners.
- Education Counselor Support: Assist in hosting events for education counselors and INTO staff, including familiarization tours of the University.
- Continuous Improvement: Assess student programs, arrivals, orientation, on-campus residence, dining experiences, and other aspects of the student experience, using assessment results to drive continuous improvement in student services.
- Reporting: Provide timely and accurate information and reporting as required by the Executive Director, INTO North America, the University, and the board.
- Bachelor’s degree in international education, higher education, student affairs, counseling, or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five or more years of professional work experience in Student Affairs in Higher Education in a leadership role (assistant, associate, or director).
- Proven experience in planning, developing, and implementing programs and activities for international students.
- A commitment to advancing the strategic internationalization goals of the University.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds, including peers, senior managers, key stakeholders, parents, and students.
- Strong leadership, communication, and team management skills.
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, work under pressure, and operate with minimal resources.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills, along with the capacity to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and tactfully.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in student affairs, higher education, or a related field.
- Previous experience working with international students or living/studying abroad.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience in student affairs programs.
- Understanding of issues relevant to international students.
- Familiarity with proactive risk management, emergency response, and crisis intervention strategies.
- Experience in a start-up or transitioning environment.
- Proficiency in a second language other than English.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director for INTO Hofstra University.
If you are a dedicated professional with a passion for international education and student affairs, we invite you to join our team and help shape a welcoming and enriching experience for INTO Hofstra students. Apply now to be a part of our dynamic organization and make a meaningful impact on the lives of international students.
Application process: We adopt an on-going recruitment process; we review applications as they are submitted. All applications will receive a response.
We Grow Together
At INTO, we’re in the business of growth. From school to university. From home to somewhere new. From dreams to career plans to long-awaited first days. And we believe growth isn’t just for students – it’s for our people too.
At INTO, growth means opportunities to feed your curiosity, to develop your skills and your career. It means staying true to our start-up soul, boldly saying “yes” and constructively saying “no”. It means building deeper relationships. And it means playing your part in our wonderfully diverse international community. Our dedication to growth – for students, our university partners and agents, for each other, and for ourselves – sets us apart. It’s what makes INTO a uniquely rewarding place to be, and to make a difference.
At INTO, we grow together.
For full JD and our Candidate Privacy Notice visit: www.intoglobal.com/working-at-into/