Delaware Valley Job Corps -
$500 Sign On Bonus!!
Salary + INCENTIVES! Monthly bonus incentives earned if you exceed student enrollment goals!!
Delaware Valley Job Corps is an education and training center located in beautiful Callicoon, NY. We are a Center which uses student-focused programs to ensure successful training and employment placement for each individual we serve. With a capacity of 208 students, we strive to achieve excellence for each student across 7 different trades.
If you are interested in shaping the lives of our 16-24 year old students and have a passionate approach to ensure our youth are able to make positive contributions to our community then Delaware Valley Job Corps is the place for you. We are looking for an exceptional Student Admissions Counselor to recruit students in the Orange, Rockland, Dutchess and Ulster County areas.
This position reports to our satellite office in Newburgh, NY
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8a-5p
APPLY HERE - COPY & PASTE LINK!
Benefits of the Student Admission Counselor Position Include:
• Competitive salary
• Bonus incentives paid out monthly based on performance
• 10 paid holidays a year
• Generous vacation and sick time accruals
• Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Voluntary benefits offered through Voya
• Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts and/or Dependent care FSA
• 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service with employer matching
• Employer paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft ($0 cost to employees)
• Robust Employee Assistance Program and Wellness Program that include free and discounted services in addition to monetary incentives for making healthy decisions
Student Admission Counselor Responsibilities Include:
• Conducts comprehensive screening procedures to determine applicants’ eligibility for the Job Corps Program.
• Secures and evaluates applicants’ behavioral, medical and educational records
• Denies applicant enrollment and refers applicants to other educational resources.
• Serves as a Center Liaison to facilitate a seamless enrollment process and early student retention.
• Works closely with community agencies, employment services, high schools, trade and technical schools and other agencies to inform prospective applicants about the Job Corps program.
• Develops partnerships with community agencies and local businesses to develop and maintain referral linkages for prospective enrollments and post training placement opportunities.
• Conducts Academy campus tours, pre-arrival visits and Parent meetings.
• Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students during the Career Transition Phase.
• Supports and reinforces positive community culture.
Student Admission Counselor Qualifications & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field from an accredited school; or Associate’s degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, communications, or closely related field from an accredited school and two years’ related experience in youth programs. Must possess a valid in-State Driver’s License and meet Company insurability requirements.
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned company, subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
“Adams and Associates, Inc. abides by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.” This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Support and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.