- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click "Apply" and complete the application process for external applicants.
AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Department of Kinesiology in the College of Health of Human Development (CHHD) at Penn State seeks a detail-oriented and focused individual for an Academic Program Coordinator position with the Kinesiology Undergraduate Student Services & Academic Advising Center. This position will work closely with the Undergraduate Professor-in-Charge and Administrative Support Coordinator, as well as provide administrative support to the Kinesiology Internship Coordinator and Advising.
As a member of the Kinesiology administrative team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Serve as the first point of contact for matters associated with the department's undergraduate student program and academic advising center
- Answer emails from students and direct students to Central Advising (interested students) or Kinesiology Academic Advisers
- Assist students with registration, drop/adds, course cancellations, and enrollment (e.g., Honor Student enrollment KINES 494H and KINES 296/496 Independent Study Forms enrollment)
- Assists Undergraduate Professor-In-Charge with LionPATH overrides for prerequisites
- Course Substitutions and Transfer Reviews in CSRS portal. Work with the college's Records Coordinator with any questions related to audit update
- Acts as liaison with other departments, University Registrar and Bursar Offices, and other academic units
- Maintain confidential student records and files
- Collect the Syllabus for each core class for each semester
- Coordinate undergraduate student listservs and communications
Serve as Kinesiology Internship Program administrative support
- Administrative Support for Kinesiology Practicum Courses (e.g., KINES 295B/395B/495B)
- Meeting coordination and assistance (e.g., informational flyers, communication to students and site supervisors, meeting scheduling, Zoom recording posting)
- Manage online application postings
- Add KINES 495B students to the course, following approval of the online application by the Kinesiology Internship Coordinator
- Create Excel workbooks of all enrolled students, internship site, location, site supervisor name, and site supervisor contact information
- Qualtrics survey design, creation, and dissemination coordination for KINES 395B
- Manage reminders for evaluations for KINES 495B and 395B, as well as collection and organization of evaluations and affiliation agreements
- Assistance with Alumni Survey (via Qualtrics) for undergraduate program
- Collect, assess, and display/present undergraduate program and internship program data in coordination with the Undergraduate Professor-In-Charge and Internship Coordinator
- Support and coordinate special projects in the Kinesiology Undergraduate Program as needs arise
The successful candidate will possess strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as an openness to improving and streamlining existing processes and procedures. This position requires self-direction, initiative, and personal accountability. Additionally, the following competencies are highly desired:
- Demonstrated aptitude for applying policy, curriculum, professional judgment, and consultation
- Substantiated initiative and ability to increase knowledge continually to facilitate effective communications with students and colleagues
- Proven technology application skills and learning aptitude
- Established advanced ability for attention to detail, organization, writing skills, and communication records management
The Department of Kinesiology is supportive of flexible work arrangements when aligned with the ability to meet the needs of the unit and the essential duties of the position. Questions related to flexible work should be directed to the hiring manager during the interview process.
Education and Experience:
This position will be filled as a level 3 or 4 depending on the final candidate's qualifications and experience.
Typically require a High School Diploma or higher plus two or more years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience for a level 3. Additional experience and/or education and competencies are required for higher-level jobs.
Experience with LionPATH, 25-Live, WorkLion, Curriculum Information Management (CIM) system, Qualtrics, and eSteward are strongly preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and TEAMS in particular), as well as Adobe Acrobat DC, is necessary. Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organization skills are critical, as are attention to detail, a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
For full consideration, applicants must upload a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references (with complete contact information, including mailing/email addresses, and telephone numbers). Applicants should provide evidence, either woven through their application materials or as a separate diversity statement, of their activities and accomplishments to date regarding the promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusive excellence in the workplace and or in their profession.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission. In HHD, enriching the lives of others is our mission. We believe in the power of human capacity for growth and live that mission by meeting challenges, both big and small, with excitement and energy every day. We invite you to come grow with us.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA