Admissions & Registrar Technician
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. MTWRF Minimum 40 hours a week. May require evening and/or weekend work.
Summary /Objective of Position:
Under the Supervision of the Registrar, the Admissions & Registrar Technician will be primarily responsible to assist the Admission & Registrar Office with a variety of technical duties. Duties include admissions, registration, and records maintenance and day-day direct services. The position will support the college's push towards digital migration from paper student records to digital repository supported folders.
Description of Essential Functions of the Position
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be ab accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to students, employees, and the public.
- Responds to inquiries concerning college offerings, registration, admissions, and verifications.
- Organize other appropriate reference materials; prepare and maintain student files.
- Maintain effective working relationships within a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Work both in dynamic teams and independently on projects to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records, reports, and files related to students and assigned activities, maintain confidentiality if student information.
REGISTRAR DUTIES 40%
- Procss Transcript evaluations for incoming transfer students.
- Maintain Transfer Credit Equivalencies Repository.
- Process student course registration, add, and drop.
- Process Official and Unofficial transcrpt requests.
- Process Verification of Enrollment letters and other documents as requested by students.
ADMISSIONS DUTIES 40%
- Receive and process admissions applications, assist in completing students' folders with all required documents.
- Use the telephone and written communication to contact students for admission-related processing; Organize other appropriate reference materials; prepare and maintain student files.
- Receive and process incoming transcripts including copying, affixing seals, receiving fees, and maiing to appropriate locations; maintian records of transcrips in Digital Folders.
DIGITAL SUPPORT 15%
- Support the Department's transition to SoftDocs Document Repository. Uploading all incoming documents to student's digital files.
- Assist with the migration of paper folders to digital folders.
- Assist with (raw electronic/paper) data storage and organization.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED 5%
Education & Experience
Associates degree in Office Administration, Business, or a closely related field. One year of experience with data entry of student records in a Higher Education Setting.
Strong organizational and time management skills
Ability to work independently
Ability to interact in a professional manner with staff, students, and the public.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Independent decision making and problem-solving abilities
Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office: i.e. Excel, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Must have strong project management and organizational abilities and skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; written, oral, active listening and interpersonal skills.
- Work effectively in team situations.
- Excellent customer service skills using tact and diplomacy; professional and pleasant office manner.
- Excellent listening skills; patient and calm.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to prioritize information in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly by phone and in person.
- Detail oriented and able to organize and manage multiple projects while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and issues.
- Ability to understand and explain to others technical information in a manner that is easily understood.
Physical Requirements, Work Environment & Travel:
Work is typically done in an Office work environment. At times required to lift typical office equipment and supplies. Travel required to other campus and sites. Able to work in a high pressure office setting during peak business times of the year.
Valid State Driver's License. Ability to Speak Navajo is a plus.