Job Location: International District/Chinatown Community Center - Seattle, WA
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: $32.50 - $34.50 Hourly
Piano Instructor (International District/ Chinatown Community Center)
If you have a knowledge and understanding of piano fundamentals and passion for and experience teaching, Associated Recreation Council (ARC) has a role for you as a Piano Instructor at International District/ Chinatown Community Center. This is a seasonal/ year-round part-time role starting from early-Jan 2024. There are multiple opportunities to extend.
ARC, in partnership with Seattle Parks and Recreation, serves Seattle by offering access to licensed childcare and a variety of recreational and lifelong learning programs, classes, and activities. In this role, the Piano Instructor at International District/ Chinatown Community Center will lead participants through 30-minute piano lessons. Class goals are to improve upon/learn piano technique and skills, foster and appreciation for music, and engage in self-expression in a safe through music.
THU: 10am - 5:30pm
- The above time is what's available, we will work with instructor's schedule. We have a piano room we want to fully utilize.
Start Date: Jan 2024
Piano Instructor duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop and deliver developmentally appropriate piano lessons. Instructors are expected to plan lesson curriculum.
- Plan, lead, and implement course appropriate activities for each lesson, focusing on technique development.
- Complete required administrative reports, such as attendance logs and incident reports.
Piano Instructor requirements include:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience in working with kids, teens, and adults.
- Experience and knowledge of piano.
- Must pass a WSP criminal background check.
- ARC Paid Sick and Safe Time (PSST)
- International District/ Chinatown Community Center
We are actively interviewing for this role, so if this role is a good fit for you and you want to learn more about it, please apply now.