School Year: 23-24
School: Ujima HS
Start date: ASAP
About Achievement First:
Change requires change agents. Across our growing network of high-performing public charter schools, our students in historically underserved communities enter our doors looking for a great education. We are looking for you. We are a network of innovators, of dedicated educators committed to pursuing excellence for ourselves and our students, of content nerds with a deep knowledge and love of subject matter, and of advocates with an unwavering commitment to inspiring all students to reach the high expectations that help them succeed.
We believe in the fierce urgency of now. In our classrooms, our students benefit from high-quality, rigorous and engaging instruction infused with a contagious enthusiasm for content and learning. Our students know they can and will achieve, and every day we work to provide them with opportunities for deep intellectual engagement across all subjects and content areas. Our students will graduate from top colleges and universities and then will have access to all of the life and leadership opportunities that flow from a great education. Our students will change the world.
About the Role:
The school-based operations team is a cornerstone of the Achievement First model and is designed to support the principal in non-instructional obligations so that they can focus almost exclusively on student achievement and the professional development of the teaching staff. The Student Services Manager is a critical member of the operations team, with dual responsibility for several aspects of the day-to-day administration of non-instructional student services and for ensuring data integrity across a number of AF systems. The Student Services Manager reports to the Director of School Operations and works regularly with data system product managers at the network support office.
Responsibilities of the Student Services Manager will include but are not limited to:
Student Data and Information
- Using Achievement First's Student Information System (SIS), manage and record new student enrollment and discharges at the campus
- Manage audit of student records for ongoing completeness and accuracy in SIS - ensure that every electronic student record is accurate and updated on a timely basis
- Run ad-hoc reports from the SIS for school leadership team to manage daily and weekly operational performance
- Serve as point person for teacher technical support in using the SIS for attendance and gradebook; serve as liaison with network support office on SIS technical issues
- Oversee student attendance data process and ensure that it is reconciled and accurate on a daily basis; audit student behavior data for completeness
- Oversee daily data entry and follow up for student discipline system
- Manage the operational logistics of student test administration (interim and standardized testing) at the campus, including the distribution of test materials to the classroom, and the collection and aggregation of test results
- Produce academic and school culture reports (i.e., report cards, awards, scholar dollars)
- Coordinate daily student food services at the campus; troubleshoot issues as they arise; ensure the accurate tracking of student meal consumption; report chronic service issues to the Director of School Operations
- Coordinate daily student transportation services; troubleshoot issues as they arise; schedule and conduct required emergency drills; report chronic service issues to the Director of School Operations
- Coordinate student health services; monitor student health and safety for any unusual/disconcerting trends; coordinate with site nursing staff to ensure that students receive appropriate care
General School Support
- Assist the Director of School Operations in preparing the campus annually for start up/new school year launch
- Working closely with the principal, record and maintain the school's calendar and class schedules
- Assist with planning and implementation of school special events and field lessons
- Assist the director of school operations with facilities management including weekly and monthly facilities walk-through to ensure that facilities are up to AF standards of excellence
Skills and Characteristics
- Belief in the Achievement First mission and educational model
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills, experience in managing and manipulating databases and data sets
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Acute attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes
- Places a high value on delivering quality internal and external focused customer service
- Superior initiative - takes instruction well, but does not wait for it
- Experience owning or facilitating project plans
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing, but sometimes unpredictable environment
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and a "whatever it takes" disposition
- Bilingual, Spanish-speaking, is preferred but not required.
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year institution is required
- Minimum 2 years of data management experience or similar environment
- Experience with educational technology and digital learning models/applications, demonstrating a strong track record of program development and integration
Compensation & Benefits
- Employees at Achievement First are provided with a competitive salary. Our salaries are set through a lens of equity, and based on an individual's skills, education, and years of experience relevant to the role. Student Services Managers' salaries range from $58,500-$72,169, based on experience.
- As a regular full time employee of Achievement First, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as a 403(b) retirement benefit package with match and paid Family Leave.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://achievementfirst.org/about-us/diversity/