The University of California Education Abroad Program (UCEAP) is committed to promoting excellence through diversity, equity, and inclusiveness. In keeping with the academic mission of the University of California, UCEAP recognizes that diversity is integral to the University’s achievement of excellence and strives to create an environment that is welcoming for all. UCEAP upholds the principle of equal opportunity for all and adheres to the University of California Diversity statement. Through international academic experiences, UCEAP inspires students to explore and transform their lives, UC, and the world. Since 1962, UCEAP has served as the UC systemwide study abroad program, supporting this mission and serving over 100,000 students across all 10 UC campuses and over 30,000 international exchange students. UCEAP typically has over 6,000 student participants annually and is active in over 40 countries worldwide. Sustained by strong academic excellence, spirited faculty collaboration and an interrelated support system, UCEAP produces future global citizens and thought leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience and/or training.
- 1-3 years of administrative support experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working with an information database (student or customer information system).
- 1 or more years of customer service experience; knowledge of advising techniques.
- Knowledge of university processes and procedures.
- Understanding of university rules and regulations.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong project management skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in service orientation, organization, active listening, and critical thinking.
- Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize assignments.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn various software programs.
- Knowledge of processes, policies, and regulations in a higher education setting or similar complex organization.
- 2 or more years of academic administrative support experience.
- International experience (learning, living, and/or working abroad).
- Experience interpreting and implementing university/higher education policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Special Conditions of Employment
- Satisfactory conviction history background check UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment UCEAP is located off campus (near UCSB). Full-time, in-office presence is required during the visa processing cycles, typically April-May and October-November; otherwise, a hybrid arrangement of a minimum of two days per week in the office. The University will not pay for or reimburse expenses prohibited by University policy, including travel expenses associated with commuting to the designated office. Approximately two annual trips, 1-4 days for Study Abroad fair travel (fall and/or spring) to UC campuses.