Senior Admissions Advisor
CUNY School of Medicine
Add to My Favorite Jobs
The CUNY School of Medicine (CSOM) at The City College of New York (CCNY) located in the heart of Harlem, is the only medical school in the City University of New York system. Building upon more than 40 years of the success as the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education, we offer a BS/MD degree and a Physician Assistant Master's Degree. True to its legacy of access, opportunity and community transformation, the newly-accredited CSOM's mission remains to recruit highly talented students as diverse as the city itself. CSOM places a special emphasis on recruitment of those who are underrepresented in the field of medicine, and on training high quality, culturally competent clinicians equipped meet the healthcare needs of New York's medically under-served communities. As a major priority, CSOM seeks to enhance the recruitment and retention of senior leadership, faculty and staff to more closely reflect the diversity of our student body.
This position will report directly to the Director of Admissions in the Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education at The City College of New York. The Senior Admissions Advisor will be responsible for implementing the admission process, which includes recruitment. The Senior Admissions Advisor will be part of a leadership team to the professional staff in the School's efforts to increase the number of qualified undergraduate/medical students. This position will provide direction for developing a strong and diverse applicant pool and collaborate with faculty and staff to track and report on all admissions and recruitment efforts. The Senior Admissions Advisor will provide seamless support to students, faculty and staff. This position will provide data analysis and reporting on application and enrollment trends. The Senior Admissions Advisor will serve as a member of the senior management team in Admissions and work in collaboration to achieve strategic goals and support the schools mission and efforts in recruitment, diversity, student programming, and retention and alumni relations.
In addition to the duties above, this position:
- Plans on- and off-campus recruitment activities.
- Manages database system of logging and storing recruitment data.
- Provides instructions to prospective applicants on requirements, admissions standards and provide general program information to students.
- Coordinates and contributes to student recruiting activities.
- Manages the application review process and submits recruitment reports.
- Analyzes and interprets quantitative and qualitative student enrollment data.
- Collaborates with managerial admission team to develop and implement marketing strategies and recruitment initiatives.
- Develops and analyzes the effectiveness of enrollment, recruitment, and marketing strategies.
Note: Until further notice, work will be performed in a hybrid manner with 70% onsite presence.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Masters degree in higher education administration preferred
- Experience in admissions into selective combined degree medical programs preferred
- Experience in undergraduate Admissions in a public institution, as well as expertise in the applications of technology to these fields
- Excellent writing, presentational, organizational and interpersonal skills
- City College experience preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Conducts and coordinates student recruiting and other admissions activities.
- Counsels prospective, transfer, and current students on their academic goals and how they may be achieved at the College, and assists them in preparing academic plans
- Provides referrals to other College departments as needed to further assist student/applicant
- Conducts follow-up with students from inquiry stage to registration
- Reviews applications and provides preliminary recommendations on admissions
- Participates in recruitment programs such as open house sessions, and direct recruiting activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Senior Advisor
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Open until filled. Review of resumes to begin on June 20, 2023.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.