Charter One works with schools across the country to provide all-inclusive education management services. At Charter One we pride ourselves on our thorough knowledge of charter school operations, academics, finance, human resources, information technology, marketing, and more. We handle the day-to-day work so that client school boards can focus on governance and policy issues to be sure that the vision and mission of the school are being carried out properly.
Charter One is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Exceptional Student Services that would work in Charlotte, NC to service our schools there.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
● Supports campus administration and special education staff to maintain highly effective special education programs and Section 504 protections for eligible students.
- Support campus administration with classroom observations and staff evaluations
- Support schools in maintaining collaborative relationships with families and IEP/504 teams.
● Works productively as a team member of Charter One leadership, providing support to ESS staff and site based teams.
- Be a model of the RAISE Values
- Maintain current and accurate professional knowledge to support Charter One and campus teams in appropriate decision making for students with disabilities
● Responsible for ensuring each school maintains compliance with all state and federal requirement for special education and Section 504 programs.
- Regularly review all IEP's and 504 for compliance
- Supervise all state reporting requirements (i.e. Child Counts, IDEA Basic Grants, LEA Self-Assessment, etc.)
- Supervise state monitoring practices
- Facilitate corrective action when required
● Oversees and collaborate school psychologist and related services teams to ensure timely and technically sound evaluations are completed and appropriate services are provided.
- Support management of contracted staff as applicable
- Facilitate common Charter One evaluation practices
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 2 years of special education leadership experience
- 5 years of experience as a special education teacher
- Exceptional Children Certification in the state of North Carolina required
- Master's Degree preferred
- Travel may be required
If you have any questions about the position, please send an email to email@example.com.