Assistant Vice Chancellor for Global Engagement - 2394
Division: Enrollment Management
Department: Office of Global Engagement
Working Title: AVC for Global Engagement & Senior International Officer- 2394
Vacancy Type: Senior Academic and Administrative Officer
Min T/E Requirements:
Candidates must have a master’s degree in a relevant field with at least five years’ of progressively responsible administrative experience in an international programs environment. The successful candidate should have demonstrated experience in a number of the following areas: international recruitment and admissions, international student and scholar services, education abroad program development, intensive English program management, international partnership development, and international education fundraising or grant writing. Ability to meet campus Principal Designated School Official/Designated School Official (PDSO/DSO) eligibility as defined in US Immigration and Customs Enforcement 8 CFR 214.3 and perform all duties associated with such designation.
Salary Range: Commensurate upon Education and Experience
Hiring Range: Commensurate upon Education and Experience
Position #: 2394
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months per Year: 12
Work Schedule Type:
Primary Purpose of Organization Unit:
The Office of Global Engagement (OGE) serves to fulfill the institutional mission of cultivating “an international perspective, rooted in our service to and appreciation of our multi-ethnic regional society, which prepares citizens for engagement in global society.” OGE provides an authentic global perspective by creating a welcoming environment and providing services for international students and scholars studying and working at UNCP, creating opportunities for students to study abroad, fostering faculty exchanges with universities around the world and facilitating the development of globalized curriculum that reinforces our commitment to the university mission statement.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The University of North Carolina at Pembroke seeks an Assistant Vice Chancellor for Global Engagement who is student-focused and committed to the institutional mission which includes cultivating an international perspective, rooted in our service to and appreciation of our multi-ethnic regional society, which prepares citizens for engagement in global society. The successful candidate should be able to develop and articulate a clear vision for globalization at UNCP that dovetails with the universities’ mission, vision, and values. Embracing our goal of furthering an institutional culture that provides students with the best possible experience is paramount, and the ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders to accomplish this goal is essential.
The successful candidate will lead the Office of Global Engagement, serve as the university’s Senior International Officer, oversee all aspects of UNCP’s globalization efforts, and report to the Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management. S/he will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for international recruitment, initiate and maintain partnerships with foreign institutions, oversee student and faculty exchanges, further develop study abroad opportunities, and expand our English Language Institute.
This position will serve as the Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) for the Department of Homeland Security and Responsible Officer (RO) for the Department of State and should meet all federal requirements pertaining to those positions. In addition, the successful candidate should demonstrate a willingness and ability to work with the Office of Advancement and the Office of Sponsored Research to raise external dollars through fundraising and grant writing.
Job Duties and responsibilities
• Develop and implement a comprehensive globalization strategy which supports the Institutional Strategic Plan and the Strategic Enrollment Plan
• Develop and implement recruitment and marketing strategies as part of the Enrollment Management leadership team
• Support international students to assist with their transition, well-being, and success as members of the UNCP community
• In partnership with Academic Affairs, support faculty and staff to facilitate international exchange, enhance cross-cultural communication, and support international endeavors, particularly strengthening short-term study abroad opportunities
• Travel nationally and internationally to represent the university, and develop partnerships that support recruitment and high impact practices
• Further develop robust and financially sustainable initiatives such as the English Language Institute and Study Abroad programs
• Manage the state-appropriated budget and fee-based budgets
• Develop and maintain an organizational structure consistent with current best practices
• Lead and manage the OGE team, including providing guidance and support, and evaluating performance
• Serve as the PDSO (Homeland Security) and RO (Department of State)
• Interpret and apply federal immigration policies and regulations and U.S. Department of State policies and procedures relevant to international students and scholars
• Collaborate with the Office of Advancement and Office of Sponsored Research
This position is Mandatory Personnel: Employees whose presence has been determined to be mandatory to University operations during certain types of adverse weather or emergency events.
· Doctorate with experience in an academic or student affairs leadership role· Two to five years experience in international recruiting, specifically in public institutions of higher education· Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated intercultural and global competencies· Experience with international student migration from some or all of the countries listed as the Leading Places of Origin by annual IIE Open Doors data· Knowledge of the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)
Lic or Certifications Required by Statute or Regulation: N/A
Job Opening Date: 10/19/2023
Job Closing Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Posting Category: Managerial/Non-Faculty Professional
Posting Number: EPA00851
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable). In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4737152
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.