Florida National University - Job descriptionPosition Overview:
The Senior Admissions Advisor is an accomplished professional entrusted with promoting our institution, recruiting prospective students, and expertly guiding them through the admission process. Leveraging extensive experience, the Senior Admissions Advisor mentor’s junior admission staff augments recruitment strategies, and significantly contributes to the overall achievement of the admission team. They also serve as a vital resource, offering guidance and support to less experienced admissions advisors when the supervisor and coordinator are unavailable. Key Responsibilities: Communication Management:
Respond promptly to daily communications via email and voicemail, addressing inquiries promptly and professionally. Policy Adherence and Ethical Compliance:
Ensure strict adherence to the University's mission, policies, procedures, ethical standards, compliance with data protection regulations and pertinent legal regulations in all aspects of admission activities. Program Knowledge:
Develop an in-depth grasp of the University's program objectives, requirements, and content across all offered courses of study, facilitating the delivery of precise and comprehensive information to potential students.
4. Prospective Student Support:
Offer direct and personalized assistance to prospective students, guiding them through the application process, clarifying admission requirements, and addressing any inquiries they may have. Student Recruitment:
Identify, recruit, and enroll prospective students by conducting interviews with them and parents, assessing post-secondary education needs, and managing the enrollment process. Recruitment Activities:
Participate actively in diverse recruitment activities, including University fairs, career days, education fairs, open houses, and festivals. These activities may occur on any day, including weekends and after regular work hours. Student Advisement:
Collaborate closely with students to refine, assess, and determine their educational and career goals. Offer ongoing advisement to support their journey. Effective Collaboration:
Facilitate the student enrollment process by interacting and collaborating with academic and administrative units within the institution. Database Management:
Maintain, organize, and update student admissions information in the database and students’ files. Audit-Ready Enrollment:
Complete and process enrollment documents, ensuring student files meet audit requirement standards. Retention Initiatives:
Regularly communicate with students and follow up on class participation, fostering retention and educational continuity. Campus Tours:
Conduct comprehensive tours of the University for prospective students and parents. University Engagement:
Participate in Commencement Exercises, new student orientation, university events, committees, self-studies, and University Commencement Ceremonies. Special Projects:
Execute special projects assigned by the President or supervisor. Compliance Adherence:
Ensure compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, as well as FNU Policies, Procedures, Rules and Regulation, the FNU Code of Ethics, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Florida Information Protection Act of 2014 (FIPA), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and all other applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Assigned Duties:
Undertake other assigned duties as required. Senior Admissions Advisor Responsibilities: Policy and Procedure Expertise:
Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures related to the admissions process, encompassing program requirements, tuition, fees, class schedules, etc. Apply these consistently to student enrollment. Mentorship and Resourcefulness:
Serve as a knowledgeable resource and mentor to admissions advisors with less experience, extending guidance, assistance, and problem-solving support. Leadership Backup:
Assume leadership responsibilities to provide direction and ensure operational continuity when the Admission Supervisor and Coordinator are absent. Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or associate degree with 10+ years of experience in Admission, or a High School diploma with 12+ years of Admission experience.
- Master’s degree or bachelor’s degree or Associate's degree with 12+ years of Admissions experience, or a High School diploma with 14+ years of Admission experience.
- A proven record of effectively guiding undecided students through the process of program selection, providing personalized support and advice.
- Proficiency in using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems and Campus Nexus.
- Exceptional customer service skills, fostering rapport and creating a welcoming and supportive environment for students.
- Preferred certification relevant to the admission advisor role, demonstrating commitment to professional development and excellence in admissions.
- Valuable previous experience working with students, preferably in admissions.
- Strong collaborative orientation within a team setting.
- Collaborative mindset with a track record of effective teamwork.
- Adaptable and resourceful, skilled at implementing solutions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Spanish.
- This position is subject to approval at the discretion of the Institution.
- Candidates for the Senior Admissions Advisor position should provide any relevant certifications.
- After a 90-day orientation and training period, Senior Admissions Advisors will mentor Admissions Advisors I and Admissions Advisors.
v Candidates should provide relevant certifications and experience in the field. Schedule:
§ Monday - Thursday: 2 days from 8:00am to 5:00pm and 2 days from 12:00pm to 9:00pm
§ *Fridays alternate ( campus closes at 7pm) (8:00am to 5:00pm or 10:00am to 7:00pm) Job Type
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Supplemental Benefits
• Paid Holidays
• Sick Time
• Bereavement Leave
• Jury Duty
• Military Leave
• Personal Leave
• Benefits Continuation (COBRA)
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Educational Assistance
• Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Working Conditions
General office working conditions. Noise level is at normal office capacity. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to frequently and for extended periods of time, sit; stand; walk; use hands to handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs. This position requires the ability to see, hear, and operate a computer keyboard and standard office equipment. The employee must lift and/or move up to (10) pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust to focus. The employee must travel to other campuses, as needed and/or required. Safety Hazard of the Job
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,240.00 - $64,480.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hialeah, FL 33012: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Considerable knowledge of immigration rules and regulations: 10 years (Preferred)
- English/Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person