Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Vice President for Arizona International to establish international enrollment strategy and objectives and ensure that the objectives are well understood and implemented across the team.
- Develop, execute, and monitor strategies, systems, processes, learning experiences, and networks to accomplish institutional international enrollment goals, facilitate Arizona International new initiatives and programs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of multi-year enrollment strategies and modify as necessary to assure the most successful initiatives are utilized.
- Identify and maintain partner relationships with professional organizations, stakeholders, and other strategic influencers who directly serve eligible international students.
- Lead interactions with campus partners and recruitment partners to facilitate and support international student recruitment.
- Identify and monitor key performance indicators, opportunities, challenges, and anticipated changes.
- Lead international student scholarship discussions and strategy with the AZI team and campus enrollment leaders.
- Partner with international marketing team to develop, evaluate, and modify international student recruitment marketing and communication strategies.
- Lead the identification, facilitation, and management of agent contracts and partnerships; establish recruitment target; and perform annual evaluations of partnership success.
- Serves on appropriate university committees, as necessary.
- With the Director, International Marketing and Regional Recruitment Directors, develop, adjust, and guide the international admissions marketing and communication strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with campus and community constituents.
- Ability to travel internationally to represent the University of Arizona to prospective students, universities, and partners.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Superior communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with academic and administrative colleagues at all levels on university programs and initiatives.
- Ability to gather and interpret prospect student information to create enrollment projections and improve international student retention.
- Ability to work successfully within large and complex organizations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Open-minded and able to adapt to new ideas.
- Ability to undertake successful contract negotiations with external partners and agencies.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Demonstrate knowledge and intentionality of in-country recruitment management practices.
- Skill in leading a team, project, program, or function.
- Demonstrated understanding of international educational issues and trends.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of international recruitment related work experience, including 5 years of managerial experience.
- Master’s degree.
- Demonstrated experience developing an international strategic recruitment plan.
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing an international strategic recruitment plan.
- Experience leading effective enrollment teams.
- Demonstrated success in increasing enrollment.
- Demonstrated development of external partners and recruitment agencies.