New Zealand-based Edutech company Crimson Education was founded in 2013 from the idea that through personalised education, we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. Since then, we have rapidly grown a mission-driven team that is dedicated to building the education system for the 22nd century. Our network includes 2,400 tutors and consultants worldwide who work with over 20,000 students.
Our tech platform connects tutors and mentors to high school students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities in the US, Canada, UK, and beyond.
Strategy Consultants are exemplars of Crimson Education’s philosophy dedicated to making a difference in students’ lives, helping bridge gaps between present and future goals by personalising blueprints that will become the basis of all academic, extracurricular and personal development.
You willpartnerclosely with the student and lead the Crimson team (tutors, mentors, consultants) to drive progress through long-term roadmapsand mentoring to build their candidacy through theapplication processes.
This is a full-time position, that can be based remotely or in one of our many offices around the globe.What success looks like:
What skills and experience you’ll need:
- Provide overarching admissions strategies to students by creating individualized plans and executing on them in collaboration with the rest of the students’ Crimson team (Educational Coordinators, Academic Tutors, Application Consultants, ECL Mentors)
- Maintain expert knowledge of high school curricula, extracurricular and leadership choices, summer program applications, and standardized test planning to make recommendations regarding admissions strategies
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of institutions of higher learning to guide students and parents towards attainable school goals, working with them to create lists of best-fit schools of varied competition to maximize acceptance chances
- Conduct formal consulting sessions with students on a bi-monthly basis, chronicling and sharing with relevant stakeholders notes and action items
- Maintain reasonable levels of communication with students and families outside of formal sessions through various channels (e.g. email, etc.)
Why work for Crimson?
- Graduated from a Top 30 US University, Ivy League strongly preferred
- Passion for coaching young adults and appreciation of global perspectives
- Superior planning and organisational skills; experience in project management, event coordination, product management a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Resilience when working independently under pressure
- Experience in education, coaching, tutoring, and admissions consulting preferred
- Speaks fluent English
- Rapidly growing, hyper-global, EdTech startup (named GVT Top150 EdTech companies)
- Join a high performing, diverse, and ambitious team
- Utilising innovative tech to reimagine the education landscape
- Limitless growth and development opportunities (training budget, fireside chats, 33% internal promotions etc)
If you're passionate about education and people and looking for a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and want to work with cutting-edge technology then we'd love to hear from you!
Please keep an eye on your spam / junk email folder for correspondence from Team Tailor.