OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
The Y actively promotes a culture free from bias and injustice. We are dedicated to removing institutional and systemic barriers that result in oppression and racism. We will be accountable to marginalized communities for creatingequitableand sustainable environments where social justice is woven into everyfacetof our programs, and by caring for our communities in a culturally versatile and respectful manner.?
COMPENSATION: $/day for new hires, $/day returning staff
This is a seasonal exchange program that is located atCamp Colman on the beautiful Key Peninsula in Longbranch, WA.International Cabin Staffensure the supervision and safety of campers at all times.???International Cabin Staff fill a variety of roles to support the operations of camp.
To learn more about working with Camp & Outdoor Leadership at the Y, please visit us online atwww.campingandoutdoorleadership.org?
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM WORKING AT THE Y
- Membership to the YMCA of Greater Seattle?
- Free access to mental health resources?
- Rapidly-accruingpaid time off (PTO) availableimmediatelyupon hire?
- Supervises a group of campers.Ensures that all campers areaccounted for and safe at all times.?
- Facilitates program activities that are developmentallyappropriate,and which promote camper skill and character development.Leads andassistswith facilitation of all-campspecial events.?
- Provides leadership and supervision to any developing teen leaders placed with the group.??
- Maintainshigh standardsof housekeeping including bathrooms,cabinsand main lodge.?
- Assistsin keeping all program equipment in working condition and available.?
- Assistsinmaintainingall program areas in a safe and orderly condition.?
- Communicates personal or camper needs to supervisorin a timely manner.??
- Attendsstaff meetings andtrainings.?
- Maintains relevant American Camping Association standards.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.?
- Other duties as assigned.?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.?
WORK ENVIRONMENT ?
This joboperatesin a residential camp, both inside and outdoors.???
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.?
While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis regularly required totalk orhear.?The employeefrequentlyis required tostand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.?Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.?This position requires the ability to occasionally lift store or janitorial products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.?
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK ?
The usualcamp workweek is six dayson and one day off, including training, staff meetings, and regular duties. This summer camp position is exempt from minimum wage and overtime regulations per State of Washington wage and hour law.?
This position isrequiredto live onsite at camp.?All travelrequiredfor work will be done by YMCA Authorized Drivers.?
- 18 years old or older?
- Current certifications in CPR and First Aid(paid courseprovidedifnecessary,as a part of training)
- 1-2 years of experience with children; camps, childcare, tutoring, nannying, coaching?
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing group activities?
- Ability toparticipatein activities that involve rigorous physical activity in an outdoor setting including, but not limited to hiking, boating, camping, and swimming.?
- Strong English language skills?
- Ability to relate to parents/caregivers, campers, and staff in a professional manner.??
If applicable,other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience whichprovidethe knowledge, abilities, and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Previouscamp experience
- Knowledge of, andpreviousexperience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical activity, sexual orientation, etc.). Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.?
- Experience with anti-racism practices and coalition building?
Building a community where all people, especially the young, are encouraged to develop their fullest potential in spirit, mind, and body.?
- Passion for Excellence?
YGS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating a diverse and equitable work environment. ?_ _Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran ,_ _or any other status protected by local, state ,_ _or federal law. ?
All job offers are contingent on the results of a background check. We participate in the Federal E-Verify system. ?
Job Locations US-WA-Longbranch
Posted Date 4 weeks ago (11/1/2023 12:26 AM)
# of Openings 21
Location YMCA Camp Colman
Category Resident Camp
Address 20016 Bay Road KPS
Minimum compensation USD $75.00/Da.