Outreach & Admissions Counselor
Outreach & Admissions / Career Transition Services
Exempt - Full Time
Primary Position Objectives
Responsible for meeting Center and contract arrival goals through community outreach and involvement to attract eligible applicants that can benefit from participation in the Job Corps Program. Assists and provides guidance to prospective Job Corps enrollees by determining basic eligibility, conducting screening interviews, and providing career-based counseling. Additionally, supports student retention throughout program enrollment.
Brief Description of Duties
- Conduct innovative outreach activities with public service agencies, community organizations, schools and individuals who might refer eligible candidates to the Job Corps program.
- Interview interested candidates and obtain pertinent information on each one as outlined by the PRH.
- Prepare documentation on potential students and review with the center as applicable or necessary.
- Maintain monthly goals established by the National Enrollee Assignment Plan (NEAP) and management.
- Review and audit all assigned areas regularly for contractual compliance and effectiveness of delivery of services to students. Prepare related reports.
- Arrange for and assist in providing pre-enrollment orientation and schedule tours of the center.
- Prepare necessary and required reports related to the outreach activities conducted.
- Assist in the development of new and revised policies and procedures affecting student recruitment.
- Create network with youth development agencies, one-stop agencies, churches, and community organizations to provide a wide-base for recruiting of potential students.
- Introduce labor market information to help with the career transition period process and analyze career paths in the local labor market.
- Assists in the continued implementation of the Center's Career Success Standards program.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Maintains good housekeeping in all areas and complies with safety practices.
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, monitors appropriate Career Success Standards.
- Helps students become more employable through continuous reinforcement.
- Participates in PRH mandated staff training. Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively listens to others.
Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and problem solving.
- Implements the key principles of time management, task allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal organization.
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace Environment Policy.
- Acts as a team player and builds professional relationships with coworkers to achieve goals.
Leadership & Management
- Ability to exceptionally manage and lead students from diverse backgrounds.
- Committed to investing in and developing students and positioning them to succeed.
- Mission-oriented and possesses a strategic vision.
- Motivates students and provides coaching and/or feedback when needed.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to effective assists students in career choices.
- High level of communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- High level of ability to motivate and inspire students effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
Two years' related experience. Experience may include successful Job Corps outreach and admissions experience or successful outreach and admissions experience with other youth development programs.
Bachelor's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field; or Associate's degree in human services, psychology, counseling, education, social science, business, communications, or closely related field, and two years related experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Valid State Driver's License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; to reach with hands, arms, talk, and listen. The employee is occasionally required to sit; to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to taste and to smell. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level can vary from moderate to loud.
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life insurance.
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision, critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K & 401K Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service Program
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens.
JOB CODE: 25024