LTLGP is a global education learning system for USAID and its partners to enhance thought leadership and education program quality. Our vision is to elevate the experience of the field by providing avenues for local, regional, and global knowledge generation and sharing. We do this by bringing USAID together with international and local implementing partners, researchers, donors, private sector actors, representatives of other education networks, and partner country government leaders in a system of global learning networks and hubs. These three global Learning Networks, the USAID Education in Crisis and Conflict Network (ECCN), the USAID Global Reading Network (GRN), and a new USAID Higher Education Learning Network (HELN), create opportunities for members to share and address education needs while benefiting from and contributing to a global community of learning. As the Leading Through Learning Global Platform expands, we will regionalize this global learning by convening regional hubs to facilitate further exchanges and activities.
The USAID Leading Through Learning Global Platform (LTLGP) project has an opening for a part-time Communications Officer (International Local Specialist). The Communications Officer's level of effort (LOE) is 50% time, ideally living in and/or having strong network connections within the Latin America and Caribbean Region
. There is no relocation coverage. Please note that this position will be remote
The Communications Officer (International Local Specialist) will provide communications and outreach support to LTLGP’s LAC Regional Hub. They will play a critical role in implementing the LTLGP communications’ strategy and customizing it for the members of the region. They will support information sharing and promote visibility of the hub among USAID and implementing partners in the region.
This position reports to the LAC Regional Hub Coordinator, working together with the Regional Hub Coordinator and the Administration Officer as well as the project communications team to create and schedule content in line with the project’s strategy. The LAC Hub will additionally be supported by the Learning Network Development Director to support the activities of USAID’s learning networks (Global Reading Network, Education in Crisis and Conflict Network, Higher Education Learning Network) and LTLGP chapters in Africa. You will:
- Provide input and review of the LTLGP communications strategy with particular emphasis on LAC audience needs, interests, and preferences based on thoughtful study of LAC-based stakeholders and organizations involved in educational programs
- Collaborate closely and coordinate work with diverse colleagues from Learning Network Chapters, local education groups, clusters, and other regional entities to lead implementation of the strategy including:
- Development of written and visual communications, providing content development support and communicating with outside authors as needed. (web copy, blogs, articles, briefers, presentations, email blasts, social media content)
- Managing the LAC Hub editorial calendar and deploying materials according to the schedule email and social media platforms (LinkedIn, Skype, WhatsApp, GovDelivery, Drupal)
- Tracking and reporting on key metrics in communications
- Collaborate with the other project communication team members to align processes, schedules, content and approvals to best serve the membership and ensure products are aligned with donor, project, and Secretariat practices and protocols
- Ensure alignment of communication products and events with external global events, observances, media moments, branding guidelines, and clearance protocols